• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

US Halloween Splatfest

Vampire or Werewolf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
VAMPIRE.. for me been playing splatfests since the begining and this was just painful i had so many team mates that really had no idea what to do.... in general i don't care as long as i win some to get to king and get it over with but omg even if i killed 15 i still lost. lol i keep saying i'm done with splatfests but always play anyway but now that i really have no use for sea snails already i may really skip the next one. but probably not.

ChaosChao

Senior Squid
NNID
ChaosChao
Switch Friend Code
SW-6158-1452-9029
Anyone here free for a couple Splatfest rounds? A player is looking to set up a team and we need one more player. #TeamVampire

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Made it to king and haven't faced a single mirror match against wolfs.

This splat fest sorta came and went for me....not really a fan of the shifty station but I got some fun out of the dapples for now. I've played for my gf before doing my run. If anything, most people overextend and all rush in into the enemy base and get wiped. Then the turf war goes south from there. The shifty station plays a big part in staying back and paying attention. Was an ok fest I guess.
Nice score...made it to 2333 myself for Team Vampires. Better than my last Splatfest (2251) so I’m happy I guess.

Attachments

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I did pretty well this splatfest! I was a bit busy today so I only had a few hours to play BUT made it to Vampire Queen with about 10 minutes left :^) I can't remember my exact splatfest power but it was around 2115, I think... only had three? mirror matches so that's good too :)

Oh yeah, the Shifty Station stage was pretty... interesting? lol I like how there wasn't exactly a center, but having to wait for the thing to spin around for me to get to the other side was a bit annoying. I actually had a little moment with my teammate in one game- We were both waiting for the thing to let us through and booyah'd each other :p
I also fell down a few times heheh

edit: checked the splatnet app and I ended wtih 2163.7, nice

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry

It was a good fight, extremely close, but vamps managed to come out on top over us wolves. GGs all around. Now for those delicious sea snails. *rubs hands*

Thanks Li'l Judd for the extra work ya put in, and you'll get em next time Marina....probably.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yay~, the horror of our NoA Friday the 13th/Halloween Splatfest is over! A cemetery of spooky stories to haunt us, dig up in the future, or pray remains in grave.

But oh dear, so many snails I have no clue what to spend them on!

Yet poor, sweet Marina, bless her heart~... and may she not passive-aggressively take it out on us again next month! I mean, you fine~♥ an' all, but you ain't a super sea snail, darlin'! ¬_¬:;

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Even though I was Vampire, I was sort of hoping the other team would win, just so I could see Marina's reaction to winning.

I have seen alot of people complain about teammates (not all here, but in other places as well), but I have had hardly any teammates I wasn't satisfied with. Actually many of them were a joy to play with. We all communicated with each other as well as we could. We watched each others' backs. If someone splats me, I'll usually quickly see the person who splatted me getting shot down. I'll "booyah!", and they'll do it back. I had one moment where a teammate splatted someone with the Brella's shield. We all "booyah!"d at her.

Opponents weren't easy pickings either. I had a few matches where I was almost convinced I was fighting against a squad. They were so organized.

AA Battery

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunshinett
I picked Team Vampire, because it’s a JoJo reference.

I have to say, I’m impressed by just how close the results of this Splatfest were. Fun Splatfest, but the Shifty Station we got was pretty awkward.

That moment when you go up against a team of four Aerosprays and lose ^.^’

Last edited:

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Picked vampire but man do I suck at turfing. These squiddos are getting smarter by the splatfest and I'm just spending my time in ranked limbo.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@Ansible Don't worry, hun. I spent much of my Splatfest in the same terrible spot as you did. Ended up with a Splatfest power of nearly 1900. Not nearly as good as when it was Ketchup v. Mayo and my teams were dominating. Ended that one with just a tad over 2400. Ah, those were the days!

Now for my message to Lady Marina. I love you, and I know you are mechanically inclined. So please design a Shifty Station that is not a horror show to fight on. Maybe something simple with only one or two unstable elements. Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up and we should be happy during those times! So please make us happy! Also if there is any way you could convince Squid R&D to release the Hydra, that would be swell. ;)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Great, the one Splatfest I choose to pass on is the one where my team gets its teeth kicked in. How timely. Well, GGs all around, and here's to hoping the next one doesn't take another friggin' year-and-a-half to be announced.

I swear, if there is a Splatfest curse, it's the one where the winner of the first one must lose all the others as punishment. It happened with Marie, and now it's happening to Marina.
...alternatively, it could be that people whose names start with M are cursed to have bad Splatfest luck.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Seems popular opinion for the recent Shifty Station in NoA & NoE splatfests are negative. But does anyone know about NoJ's Shifty Station for Power vs. Stamina?

What did theirs look like and how do they feel about it?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Seems popular opinion for the recent Shifty Station in NoA & NoE splatfests are negative. But does anyone know about NoJ's Shifty Station for Power vs. Stamina?

What did theirs look like and how do they feel about it?
If the Japanese twitter's anything to go by, they got the same Shifty Station we NA folks did, and they have my condolences :P

Raxel920

Full Squid
Ugh.
I grinded for hours to get to king, lost nearly every match, and lost anyways. I think I'm going to take a break.

Anyways I'm not going to use my snails because I do not like grinding for abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom