• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Ver 1.3.0 changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj9626

Inkling
I did not made this. I took it from reddit, user frozenpandaman

*~Warning: Tri-Slosher and Rapid Blaster nerfs ahead!~ (and Ink Jet)*

### Match/battle changes:

* Changed the performance of some Special Weapons:
* Sting Ray
* After shooting ink continuously for 1.5 secs, shock waves are generated and damage-dealing beam size is greatly increased
* Default duration extended by 0.5 secs
* Splashdown
* Shortened the amount of time spent paused in the air (at the peak of the jump) by 1/6th of a second
* Increased the jump height by 31%
* Changed minimum explosion damage from 40.0 to 55.0
* Reduced special charge points of some weapons that come with the Splashdown
* Ink Storm
* Expanded radius by 13%
* Reduced the special points needed to charge on most weapons
* Baller
* Knockback decreased
* Increased default endurance/stamina by 33%
* Increased explosion radius – 17% more damage, 7% more inking
* Changed minimum explosion damage from 30.0 to 55.0
* Increased knockback effect against opponents on explosion
* Ink Jet
* Increased hitbox of player versus enemy bullets (Shooter weapons), so it will be easier to shoot down
* Decreased explosion radius at point of impact – 17% for damage, 20% for inking
* Decreased damage dealt by exhaust (underneath the Ink Jet) by 75%
* Ink Armor
* Decreased invincibility at the time when the armor is broken by 8/60 of a second
* When receiving more than 100.0 damage at once, any excess damage will knock the Ink Armor user back (upper limit capped at 80.0)
* Changed the performance of some Sub Weapons:
* Sprinkler
* Ink is released in three stages; increased the middle of these stages in duration by 5 seconds (this one was a bit difficult to translate, sorry)
* Ink consumption decreased from 80% to 70% of the ink tank
* Point Sensor
* Expanded radius by 20%
* Reduced the amount of time it took to start recovering ink after throwing it by 15/60 of a second
* Splash Wall
* Shortened the time between throwing and deployment by 0.5 seconds
* Squid Beakon
* Ink consumption decreased from 90% to 75% of the ink tank
* Changed the performance of Main Weapons:
* Tri-Slosher
* Maximum damage dealt decreased from 62.0 to 52.0
* Range shortened by 9%
* Changed the special charge points of some weapons:
* 210 → 200
* .96 Gal
* 200 → 190
* N-ZAP '85
* 190 → 170
* E-Liter 4K, E-Liter 4K Scope
* 180 → 170
* Sploosh-o-matic, Splash-o-matic, Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro, Blaster, Hero Blaster Replica, L3 Nozzlenose, Splat Roller, Hero Roller Replica
* 180 → 160
* Carbon Roller, Goo Tuber
* 170 → 160
* Inkbrush, Brella, Hero Brella Replica
* 180 → 190
* Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Hero Charger Replica
* 180 → 210
* Rapid Blaster
* 210 → 230
* Tentatek Splattershot

### Various battle fixes:

* Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now based on points needed (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time
* Bugfixes for the following issues: Sloshing Machine hitbox/inking turf, rare Inkbrush and Octobrush incorrect hitbox on floor, Inkbrush and Octobrush and sponge interaction, damage recovery issue when touching opponents using Brella or Rollers, Roller vertical swing bug, Sting Ray ink droplet display, Ink Jet bullet interaction with corners, Brella and Ink Armor interaction, damage through/on wire meshes, Suction Bomb/surface interaction ink display on Starfish Mainstage, possible to go OOB/clip through world on Sturgeon Shipyard

### Salmon Run:

* Sting Ray, Splashdown – same changes as in battles (above)
* Made Steelhead bombs unable to get stuck on top of Scrapper and Flyfish
* When using the Sting Ray on Grillers and Steel Eels, fixed an issue where damage was not dealt when aiming at weak points (tentacles, or pilot/driver) through the body.
* In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places
* Fixed an issue where if, two players tried to pick up the same golden egg near the end of a wave, one of the players would become unable to pick up eggs in the following wave
* Fixed issue where, after playing online, party members in the plaza were shown to have the Splattershot Jr. equipped
* Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before starting, their weapon will be shown/stuck as the Rainmaker
* Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before the end, the arrow pointing to them (indicating "self") on the scoreboard may be seen by other players
* Fixed issue where a communication error would occur if a player was assigned a Roller-type weapon for a long period of time

### Splatfest:

* Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
* Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
* Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
* Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
* Total: 24000 → 22500
* Fixed issue where players appearing in the plaza after Splatfest battles showed as having no shirt slots unlocked

### Other changes:

* When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen
* Fixed issue where ranked meters incorrectly displayed as breaking, in the case the bar was empty and there was a disconnection
* Fixed issue where some gear, such as the Splatfest Tee, would not be displayed in the correct order while sorting by frequently used
* Fixed damage issue with the Baller in the testing area

**The end!**

Last edited:

Ed Leech

Inkster Jr.
Thanks for this.

Some bits in here I'm suprised about.

Looks like they want specials to happen more regularly and they have made many better, but surprised some were made worse (not sure with both happening if there will be too big a swing).

Maybe it's because I 'main' the tentatek but suprised this has gone up to needing so much ink for its special whilst most weapons have gone down. Particularly as they have made its special worse. I know it's a good weapon but didn't feel this was needed. With the nerf to the special I will probably suffer until I further develop/improve lol. In contrast the MG needs less inking to power up so in turf wars and low level ranked battle we will see even more curling bomb specials going off. This could get a bit insane but guess we will see.

Did the splashdown need improving?

Tri slasher was expected and I'm not sure if this will be the last time it happens.

The splatfest tee is such a clever move. Other than paying 2000 coins more often I'm always suprised by how many people wait until they have all 3 gear slots filled because the third one takes as long as it takes to get the first 2 and as it's so few coins to scrub it has always made sense to scrub after 2 slots. I can't have been the only one to think this and assume that is why the change has been made. Good move!

When did these changes officially happen? My switch said it had an update earlier but it seemed I be instant and i wasn't sure if it was the system or splatoon that was updating.

Last edited:

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
When did these changes officially happen? My switch said it had an update earlier but it seemed I be instant and i wasn't sure if it was the system or splatoon that was updating.
The update isn't out just yet, it's supposed to come out today at 6 pm PT (Pacific Time) so it depends on where you live at (for me it would be 8 pm).

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
They buffed the ssp special points needed, its all I need from this thread.

Jokes aside, thank heavens they're actually looking at the tri slosher. Though I wish it was lowered to 42.0 so it can effectively become a three shot weapon. The range nerf is always welcomed to give other mid to close range weapons a chance.

Ink armor with knockback? Reminds me of the days of pushing people off the map who popped bubbler. Either way, its a nice change to ink armor.

Also that sting ray buff with shockwaves? Hnnnnnnrgh sign me up.

alexj9626

Inkling
I dont think that the nerfs to Tri would be that big of a deal. Is still a 2 shot, but now we cant kill with bomb+hit. The range is a good nerf but not game breaking.

As a Tenta main, i dont like that nerf, 230 is kinda to much and they also gave less damage/blast radius to Inkjet. Maybe regular Splatrershot is the way to go now? Let see.

Padre

Pro Squid
Tenta was the best of the bunch, but thus might actually even them out, even drop Tenta from the first place.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
With the nerfs to the Tri-Slosher, wouldn't it now be very similar to how the Tri-Slosher was in Splatoon 1?

In Splatoon 1 the Tri-Slosher had less range then weapons like the .52 Gal and the
Tentatek Splattershot and with this nerf wouldn't the Tri-Slosher now have a similar range to what it had in the first game?

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I don't like the look of this update =\

Hopefully it's different actually playing though

CM86

Pro Squid
I am happy with the ink storm buff. It is one of those specials I really liked but felt it just needed a tad bit more to it.

Whose idea was it to make the splat chargers special need more points for stingray?

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
The Goo Tuber and Flingza Roller still exist, Nintendo.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Tenta was the best of the bunch, but thus might actually even them out, even drop Tenta from the first place.
This has been said every time the Tentatek gets a soft nerf since Splatoon 1 started, yet it remains overused to this day. I actually expect it to become even more popular as Tri-Slosher bandwagoners will probably go back to it.

With the nerfs to the Tri-Slosher, wouldn't it now be very similar to how the Tri-Slosher was in Splatoon 1?

In Splatoon 1 the Tri-Slosher had less range then weapons like the .52 Gal and the
Tentatek Splattershot and with this nerf wouldn't the Tri-Slosher now have a similar range to what it had in the first game?
Only compared to other weapons that got a range nerf. Compared to ones that didn't like Slosher and L-3, it'll have a worse match-up than it did in Splatoon 1. Plus with the decreased damage it'll be worse when at height advantage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom