• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Viable Splat Roller Builds?

Dergless

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4801-7358-8113
So I’ve been starting to get into playing the Vanilla Splat Roller and I was curious what the standard gear build is after the latest patch.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I'm no Roller main, but I've been experimenting with the class for a while. Ninja Squid is one of the better abilities for Rollers, even after the nerf a while back that made you slower. To counteract the slowness, I recommend at least a pure (1 main 3 subs) of Swim Seed along with it. Basically, abilities that allow you to approach enemies without getting killed.

That being said, you will die. I recommend some Quick Respawn and Stealth Jump to get back into the fight quickly and safely. Something like this:

upload_2019-1-9_9-30-29.png

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Other things to consider are a main and sub of special saver to keep your splashdown if you die mid splashdown. Also sub saver, a sub or two of ink resistance and such. But obviously the main thing you wanna invest in is swim speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom