[Video] "Why "I just need to hit my shots" Doesn't Fix Anything" by Squid School

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
@Gem brings up a lot of points of thinking in this video that I've particularly been struggling with while I play Splatoon. There are way too many moments where the idea of "I can't aim" has sent me full-tilt, and it never occurred to me that shifting my mindset in the way that he describes would be way easier, more fun, and more beneficial.
I'm not saying what his point is here so you actually, y'know, watch the video.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I think this is a good example of why you should learn other play styles and different weapons instead of one-tricking. Charger players will realize painting feet is helpful after a support player who's had the same amount of time on their weapon. By using other weapons, you can copy certain habits and play styles back to your main. Personally I found that by learning how to play CJR early on, it really helped me play RB later on as both weapons rely on you learning good Wave placement, how to disengage effectively from shooters and other movement and aoe tactics.

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
my main takeaway from this was how to cut ppls movement off with pencil instead of immediately going for the 2 shot LOL. im picking up pencil after playing one shot chargers and the mechanics needed for 2 shots are hard so far, but gems example was really neat ill definitely try that out ^^

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
yea but if you don’t hit you’re shots then you lose the game….

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
yea but if you don’t hit you’re shots then you lose the game….
Gem's point is that instead of putting yourself in situations where you have to have perfect or near perfect aim, you should intentionally put yourself in situations where it's easier to aim and/or not as punishing if you miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom