Wacky Game Mode Idea! CLEANING -UP- INK!

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
We all know we do our darndest to mess up a map, but what if it was another teams objective to entirely erase your progress?

I'm thinking along the lines of the point that the team that was cleaning it, would DECREASE the % at the end for both of the other teams. The cleaners would get points based entirely on the parts they cleaned, and being in it would be optional and selectable before you play, also, the cleaners would earn exp easier because they're cleaning up both colors.

Thoughts? Additions? Opinions?

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
How do you win? you can never clean 100%
And how can they clean both colours? are you talking about a 3x4 match? Else it would be simply 1 team inking, 1 team cleaning.

The idea is interesting, but I doubt it's much different from turf wars. Basically you also 'clean' enemy ink, with your own to traverse further.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
No, 2 teams inking, one team cleaning, 3 teams total.

And yeah, it wouldn't be much different, except for the third team and that the weapons shoot WATER this time.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Sounds interesting. Would they result in OHKOing the other inklings since they are shooting water? lol

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Does the 3rd team consists of Marios?
No. As badass as that sounds.

Sounds interesting. Would they result in OHKOing the other inklings since they are shooting water? lol
No. Same damage as ink would do. Though, since the ground is clean, there's no hazard of standing on anything recently cleaned.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Then the other team would win. The idea for the cleaners is to not let ANYBODY win. Of course, there would be ways to decide if the cleaners won, based on how much ink isn't there. Meaning, in this mode, there would be a black gap in the middle when the %ages are calculated, the Ink team would get a win, then the cleaners would get payed.

Of course, this would probably have to be in another category, since being a cleaner probably wouldn't work for your ranking. Unless somebody else has an idea how to make that work,

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Then the other team would win. The idea for the cleaners is to not let ANYBODY win. Of course, there would be ways to decide if the cleaners won, based on how much ink isn't there. Meaning, in this mode, there would be a black gap in the middle when the %ages are calculated, the Ink team would get a win, then the cleaners would get payed.

Of course, this would probably have to be in another category, since being a cleaner probably wouldn't work for your ranking. Unless somebody else has an idea how to make that work,
I know the other team would win. That's what makes it unfair. There's not anything the losing team can do about if it's pretty much a 4v8, or whatever combination. Ganging up against one of the teams will happen frequently and make the game mode unfair for the losing team. And the idea in the game mode changes based off how the players want to play it. In Turf Wars, you're supposed to cover ink, but that Famitsu survey revealed most people's main objective was to splat each other. So the idealistic does not transform into the realistic.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Well... maybe we need a more FPS like mode then...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I could see being a very fun mode but not in it's original vision. I see it as a variant of Turf Wars that pays more due to being longer per game and kinda works as a Knockout battle...kind of. Just like in any other mode, there is no "reward" for splatting a foe, but it makes things easier. I hope you don't mind me changing a couple of things. It's the best I can think up with your idea. I'm sorry if it doesn't sound good.

1. There are still three teams, Ink Team A, Ink Team B, and "The Washers". Ink Team A and Ink Team B would start "The Washers" do not get to play yet, they spectate. Both ink teams play the game like a standard turf war and try to cover up the most ink, the team with the most ink wins that round. The games are only a minute and a half to make things go faster. Players who are on all three teams are decided randomly, just like Turf Wars.

2. Now "The Washers" are up who use water instead of ink. Because of the usage of water, only they get to play on the map at this point. The winning team spectates and the losing team from the previous battle is given their rewards and they will leave the battle at this point as they're not needed anymore (unless they decide to play again in that case they spectate). The Washer's main objective to to clean ALL of the ink of the WINNING TEAM from the previous battle, cleaning the losing team's ink does nothing but gain extra EXP and special recharge rate which can be used like normal. Killer Wail has a special property if you're on "The Washers" it will clean wherever the beam hit but the hitbox is smaller than it appears for balance sake, which can be powerful if used correctly.

They also get a minute and a half to clean it all up. While "The Washers" don't have to worry about being splatted, they do have to worry about finding every last spot to clean which in only a minute and a half can be very difficult especially if you chanced it with a charger. If "The Washers" clean all of the winning team's Ink. They win. If not, they lose.

3. Winning the game will have rewards similar to winning in ranked mode (but slightly less) but losing will have similar rewards to losing in Turf Wars (but slightly less). You do not get any ranked points for this mode.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
So, would cleaning it do anything to the Winning Ink team at the end? Or would they get their points as usual?

And it sounds great, it's too bad we don't work for Nintendo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom