• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Walleye Warehouse has serious spawn camping issues

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Unless your whole team gets wiped in a span of 5 seconds, you can always super jump to safety; there's a barrier in front of the spawn portal. If a whole team wipes and can't break through a blockade, that's an incredible blockade and a viable teams strategy.
Agreed! By the time serious spawncamping occurs, the match is pretty much over anyway.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I got spawn camped almost every time I played on this map, but it's too early to say whether this will be a serious issue in the game proper. The most obvious strategy on day 1 isn't always the most viable strategy in the longterm, players will learn to counter it and pretty soon it will disappear.

Having said that, I'm still not a fan of the map's layout, it just wasn't as fun and dynamic as Saltspray Rig. Again though, it could all change.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I got spawn camped almost every time I played on this map, but it's too early to say whether this will be a serious issue in the game proper. The most obvious strategy on day 1 isn't always the most viable strategy in the longterm, players will learn to counter it and pretty soon it will disappear.

Having said that, I'm still not a fan of the map's layout, it just wasn't as fun and dynamic as Saltspray Rig. Again though, it could all change.
I got stuck in my own spawn area when i picked the roller or any of the splattershots, when i had the Splat Charger, i could break out easily from it since it have better range than any other weapon in the testfire, and in case the spawn camper had one him/herself, i was at least protected by the spawn barrier while he/she was not.

Samrub2204

Inkling
I think the reason rounds are a short 3 minutes is so that maps can actually encourage spawn camping as a strategy without being too oppressive for the losing team. If you get camped, you lost in the neutral hard enough to get pushed all the way back so you deserved it and no big deal because the round will be over soon; on to the next game. Personally, as long as the maps are symmetrical, so it isn't like their side of the map gave them the advantage or anything, I'm fine with that sort of design philosophy.
Sorry don't agree. Spawn camping is cheating and an easy way to gain points from kills as you fight your way out. It frustrates my 5 year old completely as he can't play the game. It's turf war not kill war. Spawn in any other on line game and you would be booted off the server

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom