Walleye Weekly #01 - Pilot

infestx

Inkling
NNID
infestx
Walleye Weekly #01 - Pilot

------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, What is This?"
Hey there, everyone! My name is Infest and Walleye Weekly is a little something I made for Squidboards. Walleye Weekly is a newsletter of sorts that will cover events that happen in Splatoon and Squidboards, with some extra things that will happen if I can get it. As the title says, it will be posted every week on Friday, so I hope you look forward to future Weeklies. So without further ado, let's get Kraken!

Release The Kraken!

Splatoon has now been released worldwide! Join everyone around the world to play the main event, Multiplayer! Ink it out with your weapon of choice and fight for your turf! If you reach level 10, you've contributed in the battle to unlock Ranked Play! If you don't feel like fighting against your fellow squids, you can meet up with Cap'n Cuttlefish and participate in the war against the Octolings in Singleplayer mode. You can also have fun with your friends in Battle Dojo or chill out in Inkopolis Plaza! So what are you waiting for? Get inking! If you don't have Splatoon yet, then, well......

Twitch

You can watch other people play it! Click this to find a stream and start watching! You know you want to. Some big name people have streamed Splatoon at midnight release, like shofu and JWittz. You might see some other people you've heard of playing it, too. Keep a look out for them! Some of the groups on Squidboards are also streaming it, so you might wanna check them out!

Groups

Last week, Squidboards had gotten its fifth update. This update added Groups! Here's what you can get if you want to learn more about groups.

Squads
Squads are formed for good players aiming to be the best. There may or may not be specific teams within a squad, but you should know that squads can be very large and become very popular. If you're creating a squad, make sure you can maintain the amount of players that join in.

Top 3

The top three squads (population wise) include:

1. Codename: Squids Next Door whose leader is @RocketClauncher. The squad has a whopping 42 member count, and they aim to be the best squad there is. For social media, they have their own Youtube, Twitter, and Twitch to provide for some quality splattering and news.
2. NSquared, or NS2S, is a competitive squad that praises Felix and has a Twitch and a Twitter. The leaders are @Nester and @Natasha, with the squad holding 22 members respectively.
3. Inkzooka Squad is a squad that has its bonds and chemistry strike to gain the victory. It's a squad the respects and encourages eachother as well as other squads. It is lead by @StarForce and @FlyingTortoise with 21 members included. They have no social media.

Teams

Teams are smaller, more compact groups. These groups are specifically formed for competitive matches, so it is usually around 4 or more people to a team. If you want to make a team with your buddies, or build a new one and recruit people from scratch, then make a team.

There isn't a top teams list due to the fact that most of them have four players, and there's nothing to base places by.

Regions
Regions are groups made for a specific region. If you see a group made for your region, join it! If you don't make a group for it and represent your region!

Top 3
The top 3 region groups (population wise) include:

1. NY/NJ Splatoon, the official group for people in the New York/New Jersey Splatoon players. It has 9 members and is lead by @TheRapture himself.
1. SoCalamari is the group for players in South California. It is lead by @Mithical1, and ties with NY/NJ Splatoon for also having 9 members.
3. Australasian Splatters AUS/NZ is the group for Australian and New Zealand players. It has 6 members and its leader is @Tronic

Other
Other groups are groups that don't belong in any of the other sections. You can create a group for a specific fetish, if you want.

Top 3
The top 3 other groups (population wise) include:

1. Splatoon Community Organizers, a group made great players to help organize things on Squidboards and the competitive Splaton scene. The staff members are @LittlestMinish, @Flying_Tortoise, @CoopLan, @Icedise, @StarForce, @Shiny, and @D3RK. The group has 20 members.
2. UndrWorld, a group for the Undrling Army. It is lead by @Undr, and has 14 members.
3. The Imperious Lounge, a group for......something. It's lead by @flc and @$torm.

Now that you've seen some of the groups, what will you do? Thinking of a squad to join? Planning to make a new team with your buddies? Wanting to join your regional group? Or are you thinking of making other types of groups? It's your turn to decide, so make it happen.

That's it for the first Walleye Weekly, coming straight from our warehouse. Thanks for reading, and if you're still up for it, fill the Q/A below! Next time will most likely talk about some Guides or some threads on Squidboards if nothing major comes out. If you want to talk with me, start up a convo or ask for my Skype, I'm willing to chat about the game.

Copy this below and paste it when you reply to this thread!
Code:
How'd you like the first edition of Walleye Weekly?

What do you like most about Splatoon so far?

What do you think I should include in the next Walleye Weekly?

Callie or Marie?

Do you have any (constructive) criticism?
Thanks for reading.
"Do it with no hands other than your own."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom