Walleye Weekly #06 - Longer Than the E-liter 3k's Range

infestx

Inkling
NNID
infestx

Walleye Weekly #06 - Longer Than the E-liter 3k's Range

Introduction
Walleye Weekly is a newsletter-type of thread that is posted weekly. It will cover topics related to Splatoon. If you're up to date with all the squid news, there probably won't be anything new here for you to read about. However, if you don't search around for news, you can find out what all the hubbub is about, here. Without further ado, let's get kraken.

Splatfest!

Information
Nintendo has announced that the next Splatfest will be coming to North America on July 17th. This will be North America's second Splatfest, and the fifth Splatfest ever. Although, as of today, you aren't able to vote for which team you're going to join, you can still decide in your mind about which side you are going to. Here's the teams, everyone!

Team Rollercoaster!
Team Waterslide!

That's right, Splatoon's given us the Splatfest between which attraction you'd wait in a longer line for! Will you choose the rolling of the coasters or the sliding of the water? Either way, you're sure to get some more thrills with this Splatfest! Although overall it looks like Team Waterslide is more popular overall, it hasn't even been 24 hours, so let's see how everything rolls out. If the pun wasn't enough to convince you, I'm on Team Rollercoaster. I just love looping around to the speed of sound on those things, but I can see why people like the water more. Nevertheless, we'll see just how much popularity plays out in the results of this Splatfest. Hopefully no one tries to rig this, I'm genuinely concerned about which team would win legitimately. That being said, which side will you choose?

New Additions
In international news, there's been two new weapons added and a new map coming soon! The two new weapons are the Sploosh-o-matic, a new look for the Splash-o-matic with slightly different stats and different sub and special, and the .92 Gal Deco, a .92 Gal Deco decorated in the same fashion as the .52 Deco, with a different sub and special. The new map was featured in a previous leak in game data, Moray Towers. Here's more information on each item.

Sploosh-o-matic

:ability_inksavermain:Type: Shooter
:ability_unknown:Level unlocked: 12
:ability_bombsniffer:Cost: 7500
:ability_inksaversub:Sub: :squidbeacon: (Squid Beakons)
:ability_specialcharge:Special: :killerwail: (Killer Wail)
:ability_recon:Shop Description: "With its wide muzzle, the Sploosh-o-matic is specialized for close-combat situations. Beat back the enemy while placing Squid Beakons on their turf, and then mop up with the deadly Killer Wail! This weapon set excels at opening holes in the opponents' defenses for your teammates to exploit."

Stats/Comparison
Sploosh-o-matic
Splash-o-matic

:ability_haunt:Range: 15/100
:ability_haunt:Range: 30/100
:ability_damage:Attack: 55/100
:ability_damage:Attack
: 25/100
:ability_swimspeed:Rate of Fire: 75/100
:ability_swimspeed:Rate of Fire
: 70/100
:ability_inkrecovery:Base Damage = 38
:ability_inkrecovery:Base Damage
= 26
:ability_coldblooded:Accuracy = Low
:ability_coldblooded:Accuracy = High

Although the Sploosh-o-matic might looks like a decorated Splash-o-matic, the stats are severely different, making the two completely different weapons with different strategies and jobs. While the Sploosh-o-matic does have more fire rate and attack power, it's accuracy and range lack when compared to the Splash-o-matic. Sploosh's Squid Beakons and Killer Wail make it more suited for support in Splat Zones and Tower Control, while Splash's bombs make it more suited for offense. While these two look similar, they're completely different.

.96 Gal Deco
:ability_inksavermain:Type: Shooter
:ability_unknown:Level unlocked: 14
:ability_bombsniffer:Cost: 7600
:ability_inksaversub:Sub: :splashwall:(Splash Wall)
:ability_specialcharge:Special: :kraken: (Kraken)
:ability_recon:Shop Description: "A bedazzled .96 Gal shooter. Splat your opponents through the included Splash Wall, or engage them up close and personal with the Kraken. Versatility is the name of the game."

Stats
:ability_haunt:Range: 68/100
:ability_damage:Attack: 80/100
:ability_swimspeed:Rate of Fire: 15/100
:ability_inkrecovery:Base Damage = 62
:ability_coldblooded:Accuracy = Medium

Moray Towers

The new map has been added, and it's set in the big city. Battle atop skyscrapers with your fellow squids to ink it up! This map's aquatic reference is the Moray eel, a fish. It is mainly nocturnal and hides in crevices. Although this bit of information doesn't go with the theme, it seems that the towers were named after this fish for a reason. Come join the battle high in the sky!

Twitter Message: "We hope you’re not afraid of heights! The new sky-high Moray Towers map is now available in #Splatoon."

Final Notes and Q's
This week I tried to make it look a little bit nicer. I love things that look nice. I also love rollercoasters. And the Sploosh-o-matic. Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed this edition of Walleye Weekly. Although the Weapon Recon/Map Analysis didn't come this edition due to me making all the images and such, hopefully I can produce it next week. I won't promise you this time because I didn't fulfill the last two promises I made about this stuff, so it'll come eventually, just so you know. As always, thank you for reading.

Questions
Code:
Q: What's your favorite team? Rollercoaster, or Waterslide?
A:

Q: Despite what you answered, are you going to pick your favorite team or the most popular team?
A:

Q: How do you like the soarin' skies Moray Towers?
A:

Q: Do you have any feedback of any kind for Walleye Weekly
A:

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Q: What's your favorite team? Rollercoaster, or Waterslide?
Q: Despite what you answered, are you going to pick your favorite team or the most popular team?
Q: How do you like the soarin' skies Moray Towers?
Q: Do you have any feedback of any kind for Walleye Weekly?
A: Definitely going for Team Water Slide here. Roller Coasters are way too scary.
A: I'm going to go with my fave team again, if only to see if we can override popularity (or enforce its power if it's the more popular choice).
A: They're pretty narrow and quite hectic for those who prefer Shooters and Rollers over Chargers. That said, the map looks very impressive, especially with the skyline in the distance. I just hope nobody has vertigo here.
A: I'd like to see an interview section sometime. It'll be fun getting fellow Squidboarders' perspectives on the game and their best strategies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom