• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wanting to find people who want to play.

Myrr

Inkling
Willing to play normal, customs, and salmon run. League would also be an option soon, I just started playing ranked. I would prefer if you had discord and a mic. I'm trying to improve by playing, having someone along with me would be helpful.

Raxel920

Full Squid
I'd be willing to join, if you'd be able to put up with my B rank skills :)

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
Willing to play normal, customs, and salmon run. League would also be an option soon, I just started playing ranked. I would prefer if you had discord and a mic. I'm trying to improve by playing, having someone along with me would be helpful.
Here are some pointers to improve your playing: (I'm a competitive player, and while I wouldn't exactly want to play with you per se, there is no reason not to give you advice. :P)

1. Find a weapon and sensitivity that you can often get 20+ splats with. I recommend trying something like the Splattershot Pro or N-ZAP 85.

2. Don't fall under pressure if your team starts loosing. You can't let your senses become hindered because you tensed up from anger.

3. Practice in turf wars. If you're trying to be come a charger main, turf war is a great place to get an introduction to learning to snap. It's all muscle memory.

4. As for salmon run, utilize bombs as much as you can. Sometimes a last second bomb throw could save you the whole game by reviving a fallen teammate.

5.Try rank skipping. You might be able to shave a couple of ranks off quickly. https://squidboards.com/threads/how-rank-skips-actually-work-explained.32440/

6. Go for splats. Most people would argue that you shouldn't over splat. But most people are wrong. Each time you splat someone that's 5 seconds before that player is inking again. This helps tremendously to get easy ranked knockouts.

Best of luck. Stay Fresh.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
...Here's a bit of advice for you, Myrr: Don't listen to Zachary. Those are easily some of the worst tips I have ever seen on the forum. Doubly so since you didn't even ASK for advice. Wow.

Good luck in your search.

Reactions: LiX

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Welcome to Squidboards, mate. Feel free to shoot me a friend invite. I mostly play European late night, so that would be a good time to find me on. I also have VC available, so if we happen to be on at the same time, don't hestitate to send me a private message here. We can set up a meeting at discord and have a go at League, or something.

@※Zachary

Mate, what the heck?

Here are some pointers to improve your playing: (I'm a competitive player, and while I wouldn't exactly want to play with you per se, there is no reason not to give you advice. :p)
You're basically telling this dude: "Hi, welcome! I'm a competitive expert and I, without ever having seen you play, wouldn't want to play with you because you're probably much worse than I! But let me give you some advice that you have not asked for!

And regarding some of said advice...

5.Try rank skipping. You might be able to shave a couple of ranks off quickly. https://squidboards.com/threads/how-rank-skips-actually-work-explained.32440/
No, try not to do that when you're completely new. That's contradictory. You're giving advice to someone you judge to be a complete newcomer. But you're telling him to go for skipping ranks? What?
The advice you'd give a newcomer is take it easy in ranked. Get to know the modes and do as well as you can, but don't rush it and rather stay in a rank if you feel you still need practise.

6. Go for splats. Most people would argue that you shouldn't over splat. But most people are wrong. Each time you splat someone that's 5 seconds before that player is inking again. This helps tremendously to get easy ranked knockouts.
No, most people are not wrong. If all you do is run around, trying to kill people and not helping the objective going on behind you, you risk falling on your nose. Especially as a new player. While you may be able (according to your own saying) to score a lot of splats each time, a newcomer will just get obliterated and instead be the one having to wait 5 seconds. Multiple times.

A good player is not always the one guy killing like a maniac. A good player adapts and does what benefits the objective most. Yes, sometimes it is indeed keeping the enemy players down. But for sure, it is not always that.

I'm not trying to offend you or the likes, ※Zachary, but it sure does not help keeping people interested in Splatoon when you barge in their thread as first poster, telling them that you're not interested in playing with them and then proceed to school them when they've not asked for it. Even if you meant well with trying to help (which I'll beneficially assume you did).

Dot dot dot

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5593-6410-9422
I think the three above were trying to say:
Generally you want to push the objective when more of your team is alive and active than the other team. In stalemate situations like at the very beginning of the match, both teams will ideally be trying to get a few splats without losing too many of their own, so they can push properly. So depending on the situation, the best thing you can do for your team is to hunt people down or to push the objective*

Rank-skipping and 20+ splats a game aren't things a newish player should be worrying about.

* I'm oversimplifying

Some advice of my own:
You can scout out the empty maps before playing by pressing Y in the lobby. Each map changes a bit between modes, so if you've never played a certain combination you should run around for a few minutes to see if there are any sneaky flanks/nice perches you want to know about.

Your actual question (lol):
I haven't really gotten into discord but I've heard good things about these:
r/splatoon discord - To find matches or whatever.
inkademy discord - Competitive resource, you can post your gameplay and have it critiqued, ask questions about specific weapons or maps, etic

squidboards groups - Also a thing, poke through a group's forums to make sure it's active before joining.

SuRi

Inkling
NNID
SuRi
Switch Friend Code
SW-7220-1782-7721
sounds good to me, add me if ya still need friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom