• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Was the E-Liter actually buffed?

HiImKite

Inkling
NNID
AcidWolfGamer
In my opinion, the E-liter actually got buffed. With the update, I feel like I have to take advantage of the range instead of staking damage and charging the E-liter halfway, I have to charge longer, and now I can use swim speed on the custom. I have more abilities that I can use, not just Damage and Ink Recovery.

CM86

Pro Squid
I agree damage up is not as important. I do not think the E-liter got buffed though. Remember, E-liters now swim 10% slower, so your swim speed up is essentially just trying to play catch up although it would be useful on the kraken. If you are playing the vanilla variant, burst bombs can not be spammed in three's in close combat anymore unless you equip an ink saver sub main and 3 ink saver sub sub abilities. Honestly, that is what hurts the most with the E-liter now for me. Being able to splat squids who approach you with burst bombs was so useful. While you still can, you have to hit them directly with the burst bombs now. One point you made that I absolutely agree on is being able to use other abilities though I still think ink recovery up is still important.

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
I don't understand how you could think of it as a buff. They never stopped you from using other abilities before the update. You could take advantage of your range before the update. Eliters also got a 10% reduction in swim speed. Clearly not a buff.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Now that I really think about this, I agree with it. It seems like a nerf at first, but they sort of nerf/buff it. There's the 10% slower swim speed and the range is decreased when it's not fully charged. But at the same time, its range is now increased by just a little when fully charged and its charge time has decreased a little. With this 2.7.0 update, I now see more snipers spamming other abilities like swim speed up rather than damage up. In general, I'm just seeing much more experimentation with all abilities for a change, which is definitely nice.

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
Only the normal chargers got a slight range increase. This actually makes the eliter even worse since it loses a bit of its range advantage. You also lose 10% more special than before the update.

CM86

Pro Squid
Only the normal chargers got a slight range increase. This actually makes the eliter even worse since it loses a bit of its range advantage. You also lose 10% more special than before the update.
Wow. And here I had completely assumed the E-liter got the range increase as well. I just looked at the patch notes and it is not the case.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Wow, really? I swear the patch notes said it was for all chargers. XD It makes sense though. The range is already ridiculous. I guess it would be considered a slight nerf for them then.

Laxus_Air

Inkling
NNID
lLifeAmazesJay
I mean some chargers still wear just as much damage as before but now it's really prevalent that you don't have too. I just hate that I can't quarter / half charge someone across the map anymore :/. But my build has changed for the custom E-liter.

:wst_charge_longscp01:
Black Arrowbands: :ability_tenacity:subs::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: or Soccer Headband: :ability_tenacity: subs: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Sunny-day Tee: :ability_specialcharge: subs::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Clownfish Basics: :ability_specialcharge: subs::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
I never knew that they didn't actually increase the e-liter's range either. I looked at the patch notes before the update dropped, but I'm not sure why I thought it said E liters got a 4% range boost when fully charged. Thank god I saw wrong, because to be honest, that's ****ing ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom