• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wasabi, Tentatek, or Regular Splattershot?

Which is the best Splattershot?

• Regular (Burst Bombs|Bomb Rush)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Tentatek (Suction Bombs|Inkzooka)

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Wasabi (Splat Bombs|Inkstrike)

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Lord Zeppelin

Inkling
NNID
lunaluka
There's absolutely no reason to run ink saver main on any splattershot, outside of some wonky "shots after 3 burst bombs build" with one sub that is probably still not needed anyway.
Good to know. Thanks.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
can I vote for all 3? I love all of them. Regular for practicing to kill with burst bombs, Tentatek for ranked, and Wasabi for having an all out fun time in turf wars!

Jatuto

Inkling
NNID
jarutoatd
I'll run usually tentatech or Wasabi in any ranked mode, i've gotten to S+ 70 with just running a lot of swim speed, attack, and run speed with a few sub saver specials and i always run :ability_inkresistance:. I have a very aggressive play style that i've adapted very well to, mainly focused on adding pressure to the other team with suction or splat bombs and getting in other squids faces. This play style i use is very hit or miss in solo queue, because it relies on having team mates that allow you to gain a lot of map control to work with. I like the Wasabi a lot for its spamability of the splat bombs and being able to move the choke points back with a simple inkstrike. It can be pretty weak in tower control, but it's very good in splatzones and especially rainmaker. At the end of the day when you're running this build you need to get all the splats you can and try to break through choke points and pressure chargers as your team plays for map control and helps with the objective.

If i'm just playing turf war the vanilla is fun to play with just to mess around with crazy high speed movement that the burst bombs give you along with some swim speeds for some really fun sneak attacks. but the tentatech is great to pick off long range support players if you run a good bit of :ability_specialcharge:.

(if you disagree with anything i said please tell me! I wanna hear your guys tips and advice)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
When I use a Splattershot I usually go with the Jr. over any of these, but I don't know if that counts.
If I do use one of the other ones, I use the Wasabi because I enjoy inkstrike, and have my gear focus on damage up and special charge up / special saver.

Shalnark

Full Squid
In competitive, Wasabi isn't a Tentatek alternative. It's a handicap version of Tentatek. Suction bomb is better than splat bomb, and inkzooka is MUCH better than inkstrike. If you use inkstrike for map control, why not use a bomb rush, which has the power of three inkstrikes and recharges 1/3 of your special after it's finished? Inkzooka is like a Grim Range Blaster's burst bomb combo with E Liter range. It kills enemies who think they're completely safe and destroys the enemy team's defense. Inkstrike might get one kill, but it also might get inked over by one Dynamo flick.

Jatuto

Inkling
NNID
jarutoatd
In competitive, Wasabi isn't a Tentatek alternative. It's a handicap version of Tentatek. Suction bomb is better than splat bomb,
I feel that splat bombs can be played with more aggression than you can with suction bombs in your kit, regular bombs can be used to bridge many gaps of ink and it allows you to corner more people in my opinion with just one :ability_bombrange: it can be deadly, and using the inkstike to corner and gain map control before a push can be extremely helpful to your entire team

Shalnark

Full Squid
I feel that splat bombs can be played with more aggression than you can with suction bombs in your kit, regular bombs can be used to bridge many gaps of ink and it allows you to corner more people in my opinion with just one :ability_bombrange: it can be deadly, and using the inkstike to corner and gain map control before a push can be extremely helpful to your entire team
Suctions take more time to explode than splat bombs, and I believe it has a larger blast radius, so it provides more protection when you want to stay alive to charge special. Splat bombs are better for approaching, but if you want that playstyle, then using Custom Range Blaster is a better fit because you get kraken.

Suction bomb rush is better than inkstrike most of the time. Inkstrike can be used to mask flanks and other specials, but it requires more coordination than what most teams are capable of.

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
I feel like the tentatek is definitely the best out of three splattershots. I am of the opinion that the tentatek is the best weapon in the game. While I do feel the splat bombs are better that suction bombs, inkstrike is not a very consistent special. Inkzooka however increases the range of any weapon and can consistently result in multi-kills. The vanilla splattershot just gets outclasses by its more powerful cousins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom