We all know Krack-on-splat roller is over used.

Which is your favorite mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PremiumFootwear

Full Squid
NNID
PremiumFootwear
I wouldn't say it's over used, it's simply the best roller kit that the game has, in my opinion anyway. Not only for the kraken ability, but also for the beacons, which are very useful in both turf war and splat zones. The dynamo rollers are really slow, so it's hard to do much of use with them, and the killer wail isn't as useful for a roller since they tend to be right up next to enemies.

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
My sister use the kraken roller exclusively

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Or you can shoot them at range or flank them as they run right past you.

Jumping right in front of them with your short-range Aerospray and then saying it's op when they run your *** over doesn't mean it's OP. It means you don't know how to counter them.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I see them a lot, but if you're saying that they are OP then I disagree. Sure, they can catch you by surprise and kill you, but the weaknesses outweigh that if you ask me.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It's the Phlogistinator of Splatoon. All the newbies flock to it and W+M1 around like idiots.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I think it's only because of the Kraken, that ability is crazy hard to avoid if you don't expect it. Otherwise they're just a regular roller with no range.

shane3x

Full Squid
In the very early days Aero got used quite often, still does but there definitely has been a rise in Kraken Roller in my experience where I see more of that then Aero's. It's definitely mostly due to the special. An easy/lazy style for sure, I like to think the inkbrush does more for a team when used properly.

PremiumFootwear

Full Squid
NNID
PremiumFootwear
I think the roller has been popular since before the game came out. I remember it being the weapon that everyone used in the testfires. A lot of people flock to the kraken roller just for the special, but the beacon sub is a very useful tool. It's the reason I use the kraken roller over the other ones personally, placing down beacons for teammates in splat zones can really turn the tide in your teams favor. Especially on a map like saltspray rig.

shane3x

Full Squid
I think the roller has been popular since before the game came out. I remember it being the weapon that everyone used in the testfires. A lot of people flock to the kraken roller just for the special, but the beacon sub is a very useful tool. It's the reason I use the kraken roller over the other ones personally, placing down beacons for teammates in splat zones can really turn the tide in your teams favor. Especially on a map like saltspray rig.
Haha GTF days of "Roller is OP". Yeah Roller has been a popular weapon but upon release it dipped off quite early but still one of the most popular items. With All of a sudden everyone discovering Kraken roller now it's not uncommon for me to enter games and literally I am the only person not using it which is a bit concerning in regards to matchmaking. I wish the game wouldnt pair so many of the same weapon together.

PremiumFootwear

Full Squid
NNID
PremiumFootwear
Haha GTF days of "Roller is OP". Yeah Roller has been a popular weapon but upon release it dipped off quite early but still one of the most popular items. With All of a sudden everyone discovering Kraken roller now it's not uncommon for me to enter games and literally I am the only person not using it which is a bit concerning in regards to matchmaking. I wish the game wouldnt pair so many of the same weapon together.
Yeah I get where you're coming from. I've won on an all roller team in turf wars, and with a team that had 3 rollers in splat zones, but with a competent enemy team that isn't going to happen often. I feel like the game does have some sort of algorithm for who gets put on what team, but it doesn't seem to take into account what weapons players are using. I say that because I played 10 or so matches in a row with the same players in turf war, and it always put the same good player on the enemy team after they were on my team the first time and we decimated. Could be my imagination though.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I love just dropping down and moving to the side, watching the Kraken speed past me, then nuking the hell out of them once it finishes.

People really have no awareness.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Kraken is godly. End of story.
Jokes aside I also see the Splattershot Jr. get used quite often all thanks to the Bubbler being such a good tool. Aerospray RG IMO gets used often because in Turf Wars you can earn a good amount of money with it.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
Honestly, I would say Bubbler is more OP than Kraken
bubbler can be kited/pinballed (see: jrs on arowana getting shoved into the drink) and is only available on jr (which is awful) and blaster (which has trouble building it) whereas kraken can just single handedly win mid by forcing the entire enemy team out of position

bubbler is definitely the second-strongest special but kraken is undoubtedly the strongest in my mind

... except when people use kraken on the arowana catwalks, which is always a hoot

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
.52/.96 Gal users are more annoying since they can literally kill in a couple of shots and at range without a special. Kraken can simply be avoided.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
only available on jr (which is awful)
I've been using Splattershot Jr. and got to A+ in Splat Zones and score over 1000 (without bonus) in Turf War. It's most certainly not awful, and has a higher damage output than Aerospray with an almost identical rate of fire.

bubbler is definitely the second-strongest special but kraken is undoubtedly the strongest in my mind
The problem with Kraken, is that while you're invincible and can swim through enemy ink and attack by jumping, you cannot attack from a distance. While with Bubbler, if paired up with Ink Resistance Up, you are free to attack using your weapon while being invincible, making it superior in my opinion. Of course, using Bubbler makes all sorts of things knock you back, but I've found that drawback not really important when I am using Bubbler.

In addition, you can share the Bubbler effect with your team mates, making it a very strong defensive tool as well.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Bubbler will really shine once we have coordinated competitive teams in August. It's an Ubercharge that can be applied to all 4 teammates, that's killer in the right hands.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Only downside is that it encourages a cluster, which normally is very bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom