• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

We all know Krack-on-splat roller is over used.

Which is your favorite mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
An invincible cluster. You only need to tag them once to get your Bubble, and by the time it wears off you can be spread out far enough to avoid any explosive multikills.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Just gotta hope you get the bubble off before the kaboom!

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
They are overused in Splatzones but i dont think they are o (the entire game is actually well balanced). People need to learn how to deal with the Kraken and everything will be ok <3 xd

Aura

Infiltrator
Kraken is nice, but I prefer Bubbler. Bubbler can save your hide and a friend's and that's especially important in Zones where teams holding a position is priority.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nah, I don't necessarily agree. I mean it's popular but it's not that overused. I usually only see one or two in a game, if at all.

Rareware0192

Inkling
NNID
Rareware0192
I like using the kraken roller because I'm usually the kind of guy that enjoys melee-baser combat and between the three rollers that are available to me at the moment (regular, kraken, and inkbrush) the kraken has the better special imo and it's an overall fun weapon to use.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I see many more Japanese players playing the Krak-on Rollers than others, but I see American players playing the Aerosprays more.

Setu

I'm actually really liking it. It's really good as long as you're using gyro controls(or else it would be to hard to aim while jumping). I feel like it's a wonderful offensive tank if you use it right.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
I feel like it's fairly easy to avoid the kraken if you know what you're doing and have some ink laying around. A normal squid seems to have much better speed and turning, so it's easier to move out of the way. Meanwhile, the bubbler never fails and gives you extra time to do anything, even in enemy fire, so it's a good multipurpose tool.

On a side note, I was in a battle yesterday where someone used the kraken, got very close to me many times (maybe even touched me) without actually attacking, and I managed to escape. If you have a kraken, you should probably know what you're doing first. :D

Kiritora

Inkster Jr.
Seriously am I like the only one who uses the dynamo rollers?

I really do not feel that the kraken is one of the best specials. If you remain in squid for and jump around it's pretty easy to avoid. People put far too much focus on trying to use it offensively when they really just need to use it to push through areas or when you feel like you will get splatted otherwise. All in all you're still a standard roller with smaller range and you still need to play defensively for that reason.

If you want to be offensive take a dynamo roller. Sure you move slower but with the proper gear setups and patience you can play offensively. Your splatter range will finally be able to make a difference against shooters. Inkstrike can be great but echolocator also works well especially with anticipating your opponents moves. I'll never go back. I think what scares people about them is they're harder to use and rollers are an easy newbie weapon. Then here's this roller that's not newbie friendly at all. I can see how people would assume that they're inferior.

Last edited:

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
Seriously am I like the only one who uses the dynamo rollers?

I really do not feel that the kraken is one of the best specials. If you remain in squid for and jump around it's pretty easy to avoid. People put far too much focus on trying to use it offensively when they really just need to use it to push through areas or when you feel like you will get splatted otherwise. All in all you're still a standard roller with smaller range and you still need to play defensively for that reason.

If you want to be offensive take a dynamo roller. Sure you move slower but with the proper gear setups and patience you can play offensively. Your splatter range will finally be able to make a difference against shooters. Inkstrike can be great but echolocator also works well especially with anticipating your opponents moves. I'll never go back. I think what scares people about them is they're harder to use and rollers are an easy newbie weapon. Then here's this roller that's not newbie friendly at all. I can see how people would assume that they're inferior.
heck, the inkbrush can easily dance around a kraken.

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I don't think it's too over used. Given i do see a lot of them, i don't see it as excessive.
I don't have heavy issue fighting them so maybe I've just never noticed.

Lovebird

Inkster Jr.
NNID
shibakisses
i'm a huge krak-on fan and my brother teases me for it (despite being an ARG...)
easy to use with a great sub. that being said, if you're not one to place beakons don't even use it. i'm thinking release of the carbon roller will at least halve the krak-on population who seem to prefer it because it's the better of the lighter rollers and carbon roller is sure to have a different sub people will actually use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom