We must find names for maps spots

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Super cool stuff! Can't wait to see what the other areas on the other maps are called.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
pretty much every team based competitive game has callouts

tf2, counter strike, every moba you can name, etc all have callouts for their maps and its very, very useful
Yeah, I wasn't familiar with the concept because this is the first 'shooter' I've had a competitive interest in.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Unless Nintendo makes the inevitable sequel to this game.
and i hope they do!

but you know what i mean. mechanically, this game stands out from other shooters like a black sheep emitting neon lights, and looks like it'll be supported long term by developers that are genuinely fans of their own game. a game like splatoon would never happen outside of a nintendo console

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
and i hope they do!

but you know what i mean. mechanically, this game stands out from other shooters like a black sheep emitting neon lights, and looks like it'll be supported long term by developers that are genuinely fans of their own game
Yeah, me too. There's so much more they can add into this game in a sequel. But let's not ponder into the distant future.

The aesthetic of this game is what initially attracted me. It's unique and like you said stands out from the other games in the 'shooter' genre. I'm also exited as to what feature/content they could add in future DLC.

warwing25

Inkling
Walleye warehouse - Boxes.
For the middle area. I feel box control will be vital so it needs to be simple

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I'm thinking of doing a call-outs list for every map for a Squidboards feature. Maybe we could get some community input in on that.
I think names for areas will just happen very organically. Since there isn't voice chat in the game the best names for certain points may vary a little from group to group, but I think over time the best names will vary naturally win. That's how its worked in all of the mapped games I've played.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
<pi is right. I mean a compendium after common names are established is basically the only way to do it if that's what people want...people will call places what they want and what is natural.

Could very well be intuitive stuff too. I've heard the halls in Saltspray Rig referred to as zigazags, wiggles, hallways. I know when someone says North, crates, top, they're talking about the largest area in the map. May not even be a need for "official" callouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom