We need a way to join friends through ranked battles

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I don't know why this wasn't implemented, but this needs to happen soon Nintendo.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't think Nintendo reads this forum... And I think there will be an option to have matches with friends in splat zones by August.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
There are multiple reasons why we cannot play with friends in ranked at all. One, no one likes a rofl pub stomp. Two, joining friends who are well below or above your skill rank is a problem. It'll defeat the purpose of the ranks. Three, even if you limit everyone so that they can only join their friends in the same letter rank, this can easily lead to people throwing matches just to rank down to play with their friends.

Sadly, yolo solo queue also has their problems, but so long as you can win more matches than you lose, you should be able to rise in ranks fairly easily. In August, you will be able to form premade teams to go up against other premade teams, or you can create a private lobby and play against whoever you want.

Metal Slug

Level 30, Rank A+
NNID
MegiLuka
Yeah its a bit annoying we have to wait for that, and it is quite a wait. but maybe it will all be worth it. (Probably not)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yes, definitely. I find it very frustrating that we can't communicate at all. One kid was even playing like it was Turf War and inking areas nowhere near the zone?

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Yes, definitely. I find it very frustrating that we can't communicate at all. One kid was even playing like it was Turf War and inking areas nowhere near the zone?
If they weren't doing that the entire match, it's possible they were trying to charge a special. I've gone up to the north of Rig once or twice to finish out an Inkstrike charge. I only do that if we currently have control, though.

wingedarcher7

Inkling
NNID
speedstar623
I agree that it'd be nice to be able to join friends for ranked, but @DAK075 makes some good points in the fact that friends who are very high ranked could just play with friends that are low ranked. Whether or not that would actually cause problems is something else entirely, but it should be taken into consideration at least. Admittedly, I was looking forward to playing ranked with a friend and spent a lot of time trying to reach level 10, only to remember towards the end that I wouldn't be able to play with him anyways.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
If they weren't doing that the entire match, it's possible they were trying to charge a special. I've gone up to the north of Rig once or twice to finish out an Inkstrike charge. I only do that if we currently have control, though.
They were doing it the whole game. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom