• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Aiming and RNG

Ghoul02

Inkling
NNID
Ghoul02
I noticed this playing in the tutorial originally, but weapon accuracy has RNG; it's especially noticable when trying to climb walls from a distance with the Splattershot Jr.

I didn't think too much of it until I was looking at different weapons in testing. Each one has a recticle, and a larger rectangle around it. My theory is that the shot is equally likely to go anywhere inside the rectangle; you'll also see it shrink as you aim down or get closer to walls.

For some reference, if this is true

Splattershot Jr. is not accurate at all until you get close. Beyond that, getting the 4 hits needed to kill a no defense boost enemy may come down to RNG.

Splattershot is more accurate, and you'll see much tighter groupings.

The splat charger has no rectangle; it's perfectly accurate. Where you aim is where the shot goes, every time, without fail.

It may not be something we control, especially when the default Splattershot Jr. has, in my opinion, an incredibly useful set of sub and super weapons. But it may be nice to know.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
That's just llike any other shooter.
Although this time, the shape of the crosshair indicates well where bullets can go.

Narayan

Full Squid
NNID
suacidesquid
If you don't hold ZR but repeat pressing ZR, the shots will be more in the center

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
It only fell rng'y for splattershot jr and aerospray. Everything else I generally accurate enough so that if you aim at someone correctly; it should hit.

Also I'm not sure mashing ZR or holding it down will make a difference ; might try that later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom