Weapon Categorization

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Hello Everyone, I have a question to propose. I was wondering how everyone categorizes their weapons. I personally categorize weapons by their Main Categories, Super sub categories, sub categories, and then their families. Finally, the weapons themselves. In example:
  1. Shooters: Main Category
    1. Blasters: Super Sub
      1. Normal: Sub and Family
        1. Range
        2. Normal
        3. Luna
      2. Rapid: Sub and Family
        1. Pro
        2. Normal
    2. Rifles: Super Sub
      1. Automatic: Sub
        1. Squelchers: Family
          1. Jet
          2. Dual
        2. Gals: Family
          1. .96
          2. .52
        3. Splattershots: Family
          1. Pro
          2. Normal
          3. N-Zap
          4. Jr.
        4. Aerospray
        5. O-Matics: Family
          1. Splash
          2. Sploosh
      2. Burst Fire: Sub and Family
        1. H-3 Nozzlenose
        2. L-3 Nozzlenose

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Luna Blaster's its own thing.
Thanks for your input, I personally put Luna blaster with the other blasters because of of two reasons. The first reason is because of its file name. Luna's file name is "explosion short" while the Normal and Range Blasters names are "explosion middle" and "explosion long" respectively. This means that the Luna blaster design wise was meant to be in the same set as the other blasters. This ties in with reason #2. Imagine a number line with the Luna blaster at one end and the Range blaster at the other. The location of the Normal Blaster, when put on the scales of Range, Impact (which is a combo of explosion size and damage), and Fire Rate, is exactly in the middle between the Luna Blaster and the Range Blaster. This means that there is a rational (mathematically) relationship between Luna and the other blasters. In essence, the Luna Blaster IS a normal blaster!

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
No it's a Blaster, but it seems to be apart from the normal Blasters.
In what way do you think that it is apart from the normal blasters? Do you mean design wise? If that is the case then yes, but functionally it is as much a basic blaster as the range blaster is.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
For what reason did you decide to put the jr's with the splattershot family instead of with the aerospray? I find the aeros and jr are very similar. I'm just curious as to your reasoning.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
For what reason did you decide to put the jr's with the splattershot family instead of with the aerospray? I find the aeros and jr are very similar. I'm just curious as to your reasoning.
I put Splattershot Jr. with the Splattershots because of how the splattershot family is made. Reading the file names of each weapon in the splattershot family reveals its purpose. Splattershot's name is called Shooter Normal unsurprisingly. Pro's name is Shooter Expert and Jr's name is Shooter First. These names are what highlight important factors in these weapons. These factors are skill floor and game experience. The Jr. is practically designed for beginner players. It's load out and stats make it far more forgiving than the other weapons in the game. God tier ink efficiency makes it so that the new player does not have to monitor their ink consumption, high ink spread and fire rate gives the beginner a much softer punishment for missing a shot. Bubbler also acts a an accident forgiveness tool as well. Pro on the other hand, is the EXACT OPPOSITE compared to Jr. The ink efficiency of Pro forces you to not squander your ink and make every shot count. Good accuracy combined with low fire rate also places pressure on this effect. Finally, Inkstrike relies on great map knowledge and battlefield awareness, something a beginner will never have. In essence, Jr. is the beginner level, Spattershot is the intermediate level, and Pro is the advanced level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom