Weapon, Clothing, which to choose?

DrDonut

Inkling
Hello squiddy's,
im quite new to Splatoon and im enjoying it. Ive reached lvl 17, and try to think more about which strategies to use that fit my playstyle. Usually im an attacker, but i got the problem that im left handed and have a hard time to aim with the right stick/thumb.
My left thumb is comfortable by 25 years of aiming (uhm) with the left hand and in Splatton there seems to be no option to change it. :(
So the weapons that im most successful in, are Brushes and Rollers, but they dont really fit my playstyle. Being somehow restriced in that matter, i dont really know yet which pieces of armor to use, and which combination of skills is successfull for me. I got some shells (that upgrade your clothes) left. Are the 3 start items better than upgraded or two stars armor pieces?
I have all Amiibo Items, which i upgraded to max slots.

Greets,
Dr D.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Hello squiddy's,
im quite new to Splatoon and im enjoying it. Ive reached lvl 17, and try to think more about which strategies to use that fit my playstyle. Usually im an attacker, but i got the problem that im left handed and have a hard time to aim with the right stick/thumb.
My left thumb is comfortable by 25 years of aiming (uhm) with the left hand and in Splatton there seems to be no option to change it. :(
Dr D.
Sounds like you do your aim with the control sticks. Have you tried the motion control? Yes, it can be hard at the beginning but it might help you since aiming works with the controller itself and not only the control sticks.

So the weapons that im most successful in, are Brushes and Rollers, but they dont really fit my playstyle. Being somehow restriced in that matter, i dont really know yet which pieces of armor to use, and which combination of skills is successfull for me. I got some shells (that upgrade your clothes) left. Are the 3 start items better than upgraded or two stars armor pieces?
I have all Amiibo Items, which i upgraded to max slots.
Mhh since the brushes and rollers don't seem to fit your playstyle, what weapons have you also tried? When you like to attack you might get happy with shooter or slosher weapons.
http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Weapon

To the clothes, it depends on the abilities and not the stars. Sure, a 1 star item has only 1 main and 1 sub and a 3 star item has 1 main and 3 subs but this is irrelevant since you can upgrade them with the shells.
The abilities you should choose depend on your playstyle and the weapon.
A list of the abilities:
http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Ability
When you like to attack you might prefer Damage Up, Quick-Respawn, Ink Resistance Up, Bomb Sniffer, for example.

Also something about the brands who affect which abilities you might get on your clothing:
http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Brand

DrDonut

Inkling
Yes, ive tried the motion controls at first, but its not my cup of tea i think. Maybe you can get used to it, but i feel its more exhausting.
Hmm, i tried all kind of weapons and really like the airbrush or something like that, but still aiming with it is like 35%-40% harder for me.
I even thought about buying a second pad and modding exchanging the cable of the sticks on the pad, because i like splatoon that much now.
Aww well, thanks for the links of the weapons/abilities/brands.
Oh, and i see people now stacking their abilities (saw one who had almost all power up) on all his gear. Wouldnt that be nice for an attacker? I read about diminishing stats if abilities are stacked, but still would it be fine?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
If you don't know what weapons you want to use, start with the Tentatek Splattershot, .52 Gal, or .96 Gal Deco. They are all well-rounded and will help to understand what you want out of a weapon.

Quick Respawn, Run Speed, and Swim Speed are always good abilities. Use them until you see something you want to try for your particular strategy.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
stacking damage up only helps a very small set of weapons if you are a shooter damage up won't help you as it won't reduce the amount of shots need to kill, he was most likey a charger and they do stack those up so they can have half charge kills ( i don't do this) if you are looking to be an attack their are many kinds, you can be a ambusher or someone who keeps others back, if you want the latter the jet squlecher is get for keeping people back just play with those inflating squids in the firing range and see what works and what doesn't when you firgure it out try it in a battle your abilities you need vary greatly from weapon to weapon and from play style to play style but on defence up will help againest certain weapons tenacity is great for special weapons, and if you are a roller you may want ink resis and what roller are you using right now?

DrDonut

Inkling
Myself, i dont use the roller much, only when my wife played before and im too lazy to switch weapons. She is currently using the Hero Roller Replica :D. But as mentioned before, aiming is not easy as a lefty for me and i wont get any better in it. I tried the Octobrush today and was fine with its damage but its still a bit too defensive for what i would prefer.
I saw somone else with an octobrush who had stacked Speed, who moved around really fast, that would fit me too somehow. I tested all the weapons in the firing range so far, but many really rely too much on good aiming.

adamjoseph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Adamjosephc
I saw somone else with an octobrush who had stacked Speed, who moved around really fast, that would fit me too somehow. I tested all the weapons in the firing range so far, but many really rely too much on good aiming.
Run speed up isn't going to effect how fast you're dragging the inkbrush. Same goes for the roller - no effect on rolling speed. These weapons both automatically cap their dragging/rolling speeds. You'd be better off with swim speed up if you're interested in using an inkbrush in case you ever need to get out of a hairy situation (which is likely, as you'll be playing up-close and personal with other players).

Honestly, I think the reality of this game is that aiming skill is very important in the long run. Even if you're gonna go the route of a brush user, you're gonna have to play sneaky, which means you need your brush attacks to count. You can't pop out and miss - your cover gets blown. I seriously recommend spending more time with the gyro controls to give it a serious try, especially since you're having trouble with the right stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom