Weapon rework buffs, go!

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
joking aside I think Dynamos vertical should do 70 damage minimum, increasing it’s kill range

SolarSpinner

Inkster Jr.
NNID
precious116373
Switch Friend Code
SW-3520-1828-4413
Hydra running really fast when walking with a full charge, not while charging and it slows down to normal speed when shooting, ONLY when fully charged, keeps its weakness to displacement but rewards Hydra for getting to a full charge and also rewards/enables players who are smart and hold onto their charge for the right moment, instead of instant releasing (smart players will be less spammy so it's a W for everyone else)

WhatTheDevin

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-5595-9385-4596
Whilst the Undercover should have a drawback for being able to fire while shielded, you should be more punished for getting into melee with it. Canopy contact damage of 20 would make a bump double shot a kill and make the Undercover have 2/3rds the canopy contact damage of the other brellas (which is 30).
I would love it if uc was balanced around booping enemies with the shield. Everything about the weapon makes me think it's supposed to be good at sharking, but everything it can do is just so slow that it feels like it just can't, so anything to give it a clear identity would be great.

There's also other tweaks that could be done, for example the UC fires 7 pellets that do 12 damage and pellet damage degrades at range until they do 9, but only 4 pellets per shot can do damage and that damage is capped at 40 (from the wiki), which suggests long range damage is 36? There could be changes to the number of pellets and the damage they do, eg narrowing the spread and number of pellets but they do more damage such as 45, or increasing the range.
Yeah, it really needs a complete overhaul, because really weak in comp, but it's also terrible to fight against as a casual player, so it's just stuck in this uncomfortable middle ground between the two worlds. A very similar position to Clash Blaster, actually.

As an aside I'd just love more brella variants in general, a brella that has a blaster shot, a brella that charges, an undercover with a weaker canopy that explodes on contact or destruction for large damage etc. There's just so much potential for the class that currently just has 3 weapons with 2 kits each
A brella with 5 tiny, weak shields you fire 1 by 1 that protect less area the more you shoot off. (the Penta Brella)
A brella where the shield turns in whatever direction the player is facing. (the Parallela Brella)
A brella where the shield just orbits the player after it's fired (the Brella Copter)

RubberCF

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
I mean, it takes the same amount of time as an E-Liter shot, so...
it takes 55 frames to lift the roller for a vertical swing, it takes liter 92 frames to charge up. it does have substantial endlag after the swing, but point is that it is faster to kill with a dynamo vertical than liter full charge

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Brushes get their melee hitbox back; in addition, the first swing on the Painbrush deals extra damage. If you can land a melee hit with the Painbrush, it will kill.

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
I would love it if uc was balanced around booping enemies with the shield. Everything about the weapon makes me think it's supposed to be good at sharking, but everything it can do is just so slow that it feels like it just can't, so anything to give it a clear identity would be great.
You've really hit the nail on the head there, I feel like it lacks a clear role

A brella with 5 tiny, weak shields you fire 1 by 1 that protect less area the more you shoot off. (the Penta Brella)
A brella where the shield turns in whatever direction the player is facing. (the Parallela Brella)
A brella where the shield just orbits the player after it's fired (the Brella Copter)
You are speaking my language
'Parallela Brella' makes me think of another brella name, the Parabrellum (from the latin para bellum, prepare for war), think Tentabrella version of UC- slow, stalwart, powerful slow shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom