Weapon Sets

Connor

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamingMedia
So how do you play Splatoon? What weapons and tactics do you use? In the Global Testfire, I played with the Splattershot. The Splattershot, as we know, is a shooter type weapon and has the Burst Bomb as a sub weapon and the Bomb Rush as the special weapon. It definitely worked well in the Testfire, however, in the actual game, who knows.

I've been eyeing the Areospray MG, however it does look like it lacks in damage and range. I like the idea of short range weapons, but this one dosen't seem to work as well I want on paper. The sub weapon I do like, as it could be effective depending on how smart the other player is. The Seeker hunts down oppenets leaving a trail of ink behind it which can help spread ink on the map really fast. But the trail is small, so it can easily be painted over. The Inkzooka, the special weapon, looks like it can be pretty effective, but I want to test it out before I make a final judgment.

The final set I find pretty attractive right now is the Jet Squelcher. The actual gun itself looks pretty decent. Longer range is nice, and it also seems like it will have a good firing rate and does good damage. I like the stats of this one right now. The sub weapon is one I can take or leave. The Splash Wall looks like a fair comparison to the Bubbler in an emergency situation. It dosen't spread ink at all tough, so there is a bit of a downside there. The special weapon is where it's at though. The Inkstrike looks awesome. Tap a spot on the GamePad and boom! Ink everywhere in that spot.

Really though, I'm looking forward to trying as many weapons as I can. And I can't wait to see what they add in future updates! Let me know what weapons you plan to use in Splatoon. Get Inked team!

nic

Inkling
So how do you play Splatoon? What weapons and tactics do you use? In the Global Testfire, I played with the Splattershot. The Splattershot, as we know, is a shooter type weapon and has the Burst Bomb as a sub weapon and the Bomb Rush as the special weapon. It definitely worked well in the Testfire, however, in the actual game, who knows.

I've been eyeing the Areospray MG, however it does look like it lacks in damage and range. I like the idea of short range weapons, but this one dosen't seem to work as well I want on paper. The sub weapon I do like, as it could be effective depending on how smart the other player is. The Seeker hunts down oppenets leaving a trail of ink behind it which can help spread ink on the map really fast. But the trail is small, so it can easily be painted over. The Inkzooka, the special weapon, looks like it can be pretty effective, but I want to test it out before I make a final judgment.

The final set I find pretty attractive right now is the Jet Squelcher. The actual gun itself looks pretty decent. Longer range is nice, and it also seems like it will have a good firing rate and does good damage. I like the stats of this one right now. The sub weapon is one I can take or leave. The Splash Wall looks like a fair comparison to the Bubbler in an emergency situation. It dosen't spread ink at all tough, so there is a bit of a downside there. The special weapon is where it's at though. The Inkstrike looks awesome. Tap a spot on the GamePad and boom! Ink everywhere in that spot.

Really though, I'm looking forward to trying as many weapons as I can. And I can't wait to see what they add in future updates! Let me know what weapons you plan to use in Splatoon. Get Inked team!
So I used the splattershot jr. and was MVP every round in the testfire except 2 times. I think that once the game comes out we need to all message eachother and find out what gear we have, what weapons we like the best, and how we can manage what suits us best into a team that can compete

Connor

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamingMedia
For Turf Wars, we need a mix of people who use Shooters and Rollers. Through online meetings we will fine tune that.
For Splat Zones we will need Rollers and Chargers. Chargers to sit outside the zone and splat opponents and Rollers to quickly cover the zone.
For Tower Control I know Chargers will be needed, but I'm still working on a strategy for that one... Any ideas?

nic

Inkling
umm I agree with the turf wars but I think that we should have one roller 2 chargers and 1 shooter. the zones that you need to capture in tower control is relatively small.so I think one roller will easily be able to take that area. then the 2 chargers for splatting the opponets and making them keep their space. then I believe we should have one shooter so that it can guard the spots very close to the tower and maybe find people that the sniper cant. Just my opinion after all you are the captain. also how many people are in our little clan

Connor

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamingMedia
So my current plan for Turf War (based off performances in the Global Testfire) is that we will need:
2 Rollers
2 Shooters
Shooters are pretty diverse category. Weapons like the Jet Squelcher and .96 Gallon have ranges close to those of chargers, so I'm not worried about charges in Turf Wars.

For Splat Zones, Chargers will be nessicary to snipe off people invading the zone. Rollers will be needed to reclaim the zone quickly. So my plan is:
2 Rollers
2 Chargers
There is a worry that the Rollers will be targeted and we will loose the zones easily, but thats where chargers will need to step up and KO others and shoot into the zone to control it.

For Tower Control the worry with putting a Roller on it is that whoever is on the tower won't be able to KO the people shooting at them. Rollers don't have good range or damage from a distance and Chargers would take too long to shoot at others from the tower. I think Chargers would need to be grounded to shoot at opponents on the Tower and someone with a Shooter type weapon will stay on top. So it'll look like this:
3 Chargers
1 Shooter

As for the number of people we have, we have 3. Me, you (nic) and 1 other. You can find all members on the "Member" tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom