• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

weapon user titles should not have been gacha based

Zeatehk

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0282-1791-1045
why do i, who has 90% of my wins using tri-stringer, have to rely on a random seed that changes every season just to be able to put "tri-stringer user" on my splashtag??? like, come on, i already have 5* badges with both kits and i am so tired of just having to grind out money and lisences and i just want this stupid title after a year of trying. it feels like every other tri-stringer main has been lucky enough to get it already but nooo, i'm stuck in the ditches having to take loss after loss because i am 1 starring weapons i have never touched this entire game. aaaaaaaaaaaa

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
yep. not much else to say on this. yep.
(also hi i think we vced during a splatfest in squid school once)

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
yeah it should absolutely be earned when you 4-star the weapon. i hope they change it eventually, it is simple enough that it's something i could genuinely see getting fixed at least

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Yyyeah, I think I've got a bit more of a positive outlook on the shell-out machine than most (Though that might just be the circles I'm in lol), but man does it suck to not have the weapons user titles I want. Basically every other title I'm fine with being random but those

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Yyyeah, I think I've got a bit more of a positive outlook on the shell-out machine than most (Though that might just be the circles I'm in lol), but man does it suck to not have the weapons user titles I want. Basically every other title I'm fine with being random but those
same personally, i was hoping for the title "self-identified" for a whole year but that just made it a huge moment when i finally rolled it. i think the randomness of it lets people experiment with titles and keep improving on it as they find titles they like more and more, which is fun to me. some people want to just skip straight to the title they know they want but i think that's just putting too much value on it honestly... but the weapon titles should be an exception because those actually convey information that matters about players i think. knowing the weapons people like is one of the most crucial things when working in a team i feel like

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
same personally, i was hoping for the title "self-identified" for a whole year but that just made it a huge moment when i finally rolled it. i think the randomness of it lets people experiment with titles and keep improving on it as they find titles they like more and more, which is fun to me. some people want to just skip straight to the title they know they want but i think that's just putting too much value on it honestly... but the weapon titles should be an exception because those actually convey information that matters about players i think. knowing the weapons people like is one of the most crucial things when working in a team i feel like
Yeah exactly! I like the randomness, I like low stakes gambling with no real money (I got raised on good ol Neopets, where gambling games are a signature), and randomly pulling funny title combos is always a great time. Deciding to stop working on coursework and instead go play some Splatoon, only to boot up, do my daily discount roll, and get "Procrastinating Maniac" as a title is genuinely one of the most memorable moments of the game to me, purely because of the timing of it all lining up so perfectly. But like... Tableturf gets its title tied to playing it, and that's something I could see as being exclusively randomized, why are weapon user titles just... luck of the draw?

I got lucky early in and got "Dapple Dualies User" when I was still using them (Which, side note, always made me a bit sad that the title was "Super Duper Lucky" and not "Super Duper", I really wanted to be "Super Duper Dapple Dualies User" for as much alliteration I could shove in there), but like... over a year of consistently using Tri-slosher and I've yet to get Tri-slosher User. I want my silly bucket title!

...I also want "Currently Obsessed With" and "Fruit Lovin'", which have also evaded me for all this time. Please I just want the titles "Currently Obsessed With Squid" and "Fruit Lovin' Girl" is this too much to ask for. I will be celebrating like there's no tomorrow when I finally get lucky and get those title pulls lol

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
oh my god i still haven’t gotten the “kid” noun title… it’s been over a year

i just wanted to make a funny chicory reference with “lost kid”

Zeatehk

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0282-1791-1045
glad we're all in solidarity with the pain of weapon titles, at least </3
i have inputted my titles into leanny's seed finder, same with machine rolls, so i know when i will get it, but the pain of getting rolls is exhausting

Boltz!

Inkling
Agreed. Like, I have the titles for all of my mains except ballpoint, my MAIN main. They should’ve been unlocked at 4 stars alongside the first badge.

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
I actually think it is extremely funny that this is the case and don't really want it to change for some reason.
4 and 5 start badges exist which I think are probably what the intention is for showing what weapon you main is if you really want to?
The titles seem more like theyre just silly fun things

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I actually think it is extremely funny that this is the case and don't really want it to change for some reason.
4 and 5 start badges exist which I think are probably what the intention is for showing what weapon you main is if you really want to?
The titles seem more like theyre just silly fun things
honestly i feel like it's not a big deal in theory, but it definitely feels insulting when you can randomly roll titles for weapons you have never touched in your life while being unable to get a title for the weapon you've played for dozens or hundreds of hours

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
still no splatana stamper user for me even after 5 starring vstamp and halfway through 5 starring nstamp 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom