Weapons that "feel" good

ChezB

Inkling
Aside from the range, damage, fire rate, sub/special, etc, I think that how comfortable it is to use a weapon is very crucial to determining whether a weapon is worth using. This is probably why I find the Nozzlenose/brush weapons to be rather awful, they put an enormous strain on your hand as you're required to consistently spam the right trigger to garner its full potential.

So, am I being too subjective? I'm curious whether or not people will agree with me.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Blasters, I used to be a Splash o matic user, just pull down the trigger and be very mobile. I got to A with this weapon, but would constantly be up and down. I would get kills, but not carry my team. I never thought I would change to the blaster, having tested it. It felt so slow.

One day, I decided to use it in a turf war, which I hardly ever play. I killed so many with it, rather easily. I tried it in ranked and it was the same. I started to finish top most games I played and now I'm S level. I really like how you can one shot directly and double tap with close misses, not to mention the sound of tapping someone hidden in ink. I've learned to antisipate movements to double tap. I feel really comfortable with the custom blaster, later the neo luna because of my recent love for burst bombs.

ChezB

Inkling
Blasters, I used to be a Splash o matic user, just pull down the trigger and be very mobile. I got to A with this weapon, but would constantly be up and down. I would get kills, but not carry my team. I never thought I would change to the blaster, having tested it. It felt so slow.

One day, I decided to use it in a turf war, which I hardly ever play. I killed so many with it, rather easily. I tried it in ranked and it was the same. I started to finish top most games I played and now I'm S level. I really like how you can one shot directly and double tap with close misses, not to mention the sound of tapping someone hidden in ink. I've learned to antisipate movements to double tap. I feel really comfortable with the custom blaster, later the neo luna because of my recent love for burst bombs.
Yeah, the blasters take some time to get used to, but they're surprisingly solid in terms of control and distancing your opponents. The pause of each shot keeps your opponents guessing what you'll do, and with that comes a sense of rhythm which makes the gun all the more comfy.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
I was a Splattershot Jr user at first, then I got into the 52 Gal Deco for a while... then the regular 52 Gal. Now I'm like a 52 Gal Deco and Tri Slosher user. They are just fun to use for me. Sometimes I do really well. I just try to have fun. I'm S rank, but I'm really only good at Tower Control. The others I've been doing better at lately tho.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
How comfortable one feels with their weapon is very subjective. In my case, the Splatlings have a great "feel" to them. My go-to weapon is the Heavy Splatling since I know I can stay at a distance from the main battle while still being able to, at the very least, tie with most close range weapons in the worst case scenarios (although the Mini Splatling is still my weapon of choice for maps that are less spacious). It basically makes me feel like I can somewhat adapt to whatever is happening in the battle, and who doesn't like to hose down enemies with a constant stream of ink bullets :ability_damage:

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Aside from the range, damage, fire rate, sub/special, etc, I think that how comfortable it is to use a weapon is very crucial to determining whether a weapon is worth using. This is probably why I find the Nozzlenose/brush weapons to be rather awful, they put an enormous strain on your hand as you're required to consistently spam the right trigger to garner its full potential.

So, am I being too subjective? I'm curious whether or not people will agree with me.
l'm the complete opposite, l love the octobrush and nozzlenose class specifically because of how active you must be with it and how involved these weapons make you feel. l like having to put some effort into the battles, the feedback for the nozzlenose is especially great as it makes you really feel like you're shooting a gun as opposed to the weird "everything's a machinegun" feeling of the other shooters. It also has a certain rythmn to it that l enjoy, mashing isn't the way to go.

On the other hand l absolutely hate standard rollers specifically because you spend most of your time holding the trigger and walking. Then jump out of ink and press the attack button for combat situations. It made me feel like a fraud everytime l used one (that's probably scrub mentality but l can't help it).

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
The N-Zap 89 feels good for me. That or the Heavy Splatting. They both serve their purposes when I use them. Though I get better turf coverage and kill results from the N-Zap 89. I tend to rank higher in points more often than not when I'm quick than when I'm bulky~

TheFlyingSeal

Inkling
NNID
TheFlyingSeal
Any Squelcher feels super nice to me. It's long range capabilities makes it reliable, and since it's a shooter I can freely move and evade enemies. It's why I don't like Splattling, Rollers, Blasters, or Chargers too much. I'm always moving. I also like how I can hold down my finger on the trigger so I don't have to constantly press like you do with a Inkbrush or Blaster.

With that being said, I also quite like the feel of the Carbon Roller. It's like my guilty pleasure. It's fast and lighter, making splashing quicker. It has a decent special (I'm not saying that Inkzooka is bad, I'm just bad at aiming it lol), but I ADORE the feeling of hiding in ink and then slaming my enemies when they get close. Despite my defensive style, it's nice to be offensive every once in a while.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Splattershot Pro/Forge, 52 Gal, and the Heavy Splatling gun all felt quite natural for me.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I've been using the Carbon Roller for funsies, the fling is so fast, and even if you miss the swing, the ink wave has the capacity to kill as well, so when someone is within range, i can just spam ZR and more often than not win the fight, even if they're shooting at me chances are I'll trade.

Rollers are so stupidly strong but if nintendo thinks theyre fair then :^)

aahdee

Inkling
My go to is the Dual Squelcher. Its so reliable and fits my defensively aggressive style perfectly. The Tri-Slosher is great too because it has the perfect sub and special combo for me.

DisidisiD

Inkling
Blasters are my favorite, partly because of the feedback you get upon hitting an opponent. It is such a powerful shot that the sound and visual feedback feels so incredible. So, imo, blasters are the best in that department. Luna great on tower and splatzones when its mines and large sour spot are used to the best that they can. Custom is probably the best of all of them. Range is probably the hardest to use because of the start up and end lag on shots makes missing a shot possibly deadly. I think of it like the closest to a charger of all of them. You want to keep your distance so that, if you miss, you can escape them or fire another shot before they get to you. (I refuse to admit that rapid blasters exist :p) All of them can be used in either support or offensive rolls, depending on which you prefer to use.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Nozzlenose is best, shame it's so misunderstood.

The key win it is not to just spam ZR. Instead, you need to find the rhythm of the weapon to get the shots out at just the right moment. When you get the hang of it, playing becomes like a dreamy dance as you dodge and zip around to the beat of its 'tuktuktuk'. It feels awesome.

TakeYourHeart

Inkling
NNID
solemnpancake
Most natural one for me is the good old Splattershot Jr. It truly is a well designed starting weapon: Spread ink and then shield and kill when someone get's in your way or you hunt them. Diverse, yet all it's tools serve it's simple yet effective playstyle.

Luna Blaster and Tri-Slosher also feel rather good to me. Luna for when you're gunning people down and striking fear, Tri because it feels like you're playing a different version of the Jr. that kills better at the trade off of less turf covered.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
For me it will probably be the Squelchers (both Jet and Dual), I just like the being able to zone out the enemy with longer range shooters.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
When I'm just looking to cause carnage, I love using Blasters and the basic Splat Roller. I tend to rack up a decent amount of splats every time I use these.

When I can play them well, Chargers make me feel damn cool, if I can be a crack shot. If not, it can be kind of embarrassing.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
In terms of feeling good to play. I got to go with the basic Splattershot Jr. It is a light weapon so you don't even feel restricted or weighed down when using it and its sub and special allow cover on both the offensive and defensive spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom