• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapons that teach you nice things.

Weapons Weapons that teach you nice things.

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
WiseSquid submitted a new guide:

Weapons that teach you nice things. - AKA woomy, woomy split-splat bootcamp

This guide is ment for beginners who want to 'git gud' fast. Also I suggest you do these things in regular battles as a form of training but if you want use 'm in ranked more power to you :p

The following weapons aren't necessarily good (though some are). In fact some of them might even kinda bad. However I do believe that they have something valuable to teach you. That way YOU will become good and you won't have to rely on that .96 all the time :P

Also I suggest that you use gear that...
Read more about this guide...

colormute

Inkling
NNID
neverosa
interesting! I suppose I should go back and try some of those a bit more. I quickly attached myself to the brush because I liked the playstyle and did well with it, but it's probably a good idea to go try chargers since I'm a sniping veteran in many other games. I was using the splash-o-matic quite a bit as well so it's good people find that a helpful weapon for newer players. I'm not quite as focused on gittin gud as I'm really more about support but I'll go back and try some new things

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
interesting! I suppose I should go back and try some of those a bit more. I quickly attached myself to the brush because I liked the playstyle and did well with it, but it's probably a good idea to go try chargers since I'm a sniping veteran in many other games. I was using the splash-o-matic quite a bit as well so it's good people find that a helpful weapon for newer players. I'm not quite as focused on gittin gud as I'm really more about support but I'll go back and try some new things
Yay! My first reader. I hope you'll have fun!

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
AKA woomy, woomy split-splat bootcamp?
lol
anyways using range blaster can also teach you aiming, the delay in it and you have to change your aim as you wait for it to fire

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
s
AKA woomy, woomy split-splat bootcamp?
lol
anyways using range blaster can also teach you aiming, the delay in it and you have to change your aim as you wait for it to fire
You' re right. Many weapons overlap in that regard. Which highlights the importants of learning how to aim:)

Alevan

Inkling
NNID
AlexsDrawings
I actually found using the ink brush to be really useful in myself learning proper movement, with the low range and damage output it forces you to know how to play stealthily and smartly, deciding whether it's best to initiate a fight or not. I could then use this in my other weapons

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
I think you should add the Inkbrush/Octobrush to the list as their own seperate thing. I know you included the pictures of them in the bit about rollers but to me they operate differently to rollers and teach different lessons.

Inkbrushes teach you a how to pick your fights.

As a beginner it's so easy for you to rush headlong into an engagement because you're absolutely desperate to get that splat on the opponent, and a lot of the time this can lead you too far into the enemy's turf and you end up getting outplayed and splatted first.

With the Inkbrush/Octobrush you have to be very careful not to do this. You have to play smart and choose your engagements or else you're going to get splatted over and over and over.

Brushes are support weapons that are good at holding down the middle ground by keeping it painted in the team's colours; letting the team advance freely and giving the brush user a territory for ambushes. You have to keep an area of your own ink around you at all times during a match. Brushes teach you how to choose your battles but it also shows you how to support your team.

Last edited:

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
You need to use either the aforementioned Brush, or Aerospray, or Sploosh-O, to better know what your range is and how to abuse it to avoid getting 0-15 every game. Basically what Cake of Death said. But moreso things like the basic Sploosh and standard Octo bc you have 0 range at all. No Inkzooka, no Point Sensors, no Splat Bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom