Weapons that work best with Run Speed Up?

shadowrohas

Inkling
I recently got a lot of run speed up, but I was wondering what weapons benefit the most from them? I know light shooters do, but I'm not sure which of them is best, or if there's some weapon I'm somehow skipping over that would benefit a lot from it.

On a side note, is consistent flanking possible in ranked? Now that I have all of the run speed up, I want to flank around the enemy a lot to catch them off guard. I'm not sure if it's viable in the A+ to S+ ranks.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I recently got a lot of run speed up, but I was wondering what weapons benefit the most from them? I know light shooters do, but I'm not sure which of them is best, or if there's some weapon I'm somehow skipping over that would benefit a lot from it.

On a side note, is consistent flanking possible in ranked? Now that I have all of the run speed up, I want to flank around the enemy a lot to catch them off guard. I'm not sure if it's viable in the A+ to S+ ranks.
I see a lot of Octoshot Replicas using them. Splat Chargers also use them. Gals use them too, but not as much.

Flanking still works in the super high ranks, you just need something to distract your opponents first. Otherwise they start looking at all the possible options your team may decide on. For example, using Kraken to disperse the opposing team, super jumping out of there, baiting them to think it is safe, when other teammates take them out from behind or the sides.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Splatlings all focus on standing and running for a while to charge and shoot, so they can make more use of the run speed to zone out opponents. The Mini has crazy run and flank speed with a few run speed up.

Shorter range shooters also benifit from run speed up, like Aerosprays and Sploosh-O-Matics.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Mini and heavy splattling. Any shooter with 50 and below range and the dual squelcher. Though running dual with run speed is mostly from personal experience. I don't really know if other duals run run speed, but i've personally found that it works well. The squiffer can also make run speed work well and maybe the bamboozler, but i don't have much experience with it. maybe the rapid blasters too, once again, not enough experience. Anything else i don't think needs run speed either because their strafe speed is much too slow or because they're completely unaffected (roller class).

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet

Sketchtastrophe

Inkling
NNID
Sketchtastrophe
As already suggested the Splatling family benefits from it. N-Zap recently got a mobility buff and combined with run ups it can be quite beastly. Any shooter really would benefit from run ups :) I also like to use it with the Squiffer too since you're usually pretty close to the action.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
If it's run speed up, generally you want to give them to Rollers as they rarely swim or Inkbrush as that would make it as good as a charger with swim ups. Then again Inkbrush / Charger has best rushdown.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
If it's run speed up, generally you want to give them to Rollers as they rarely swim or Inkbrush as that would make it as good as a charger with swim ups. Then again Inkbrush / Charger has best rushdown.
Rollers, including inkbrushes, all have static run speeds for their rolling attacks. They benefit the least from run speed up.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Splatlings, most shooters (except jet squelcher and 96 gal), squiffers, and bamboozlers benefits from run speed

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Top 3 would have to be all Splatlings (but mostly the Mini), the L3 Nozzlenoses, and the N-Zaps.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
L-3 Nozzlenose for sure gets a huge benefit from Run Speed Ups. Used to use 3 Run Speed Mains all the time when I mained it in the past, really fun.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd say all weapons (Rollers and Brushes aside) get a pretty decent benefit out of Run Speed Up. However, what makes it trully viable is the playstyle of the player (for example, if they like to flank and relocate often in Squid form instead of strafing in the middle of a firefight then it's a no-go), so aside of the Splatlings (and the Chargers to an extent) there's no real "good" or "bad" :confused:

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
In general, if you're using a shooter, the lower your weapons effective range, the more useful run speed is.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
In general, if you're using a shooter, the lower your weapons effective range, the more useful run speed is.
I think this is probably true, I'd just like to say that I like some run speed on my squiffer, even though it has decent range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom