Weapons used in low ranks

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Alright so last week I purchased Splatoon 2 and I've been enjoying it a lot, recently I've started playing ranked and i just want to know if more diverse weapons are used in higher ranks, as I'm B- in most of the game modes. As of now i mainly see dualies and rollers to the point of teams having 3 rollers or dualies at a time and how does one counter dualies? In most of my experiences if they don't just stand in one spot they roll right up behind me and splat me, the best I can usually ever get off is a trade.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
You certainly do see a variety of weapons and you get up there in rank. Sure you see a lot of the meta weapons. That being Enperry Dualies, Splattershots, N-Zaps, Slosher deco, etc. But you still see a variety of weapons being used.

And as for dualies...you really just have to play their game. Know how much each dualie can roll, all can roll twice except for Tetras which get 4, and catch them in their end lag. Each dualie has a different amount of end lag. So learn which has what and act accordingly. Sneaking up on them works well...as well as just letting them roll off the map is an option, too.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
If i may ask what is it about the enperry's that makes them meta

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Because they have the special Inkjet I believe. Hard to get the hang of and master, but a good player with inkjet can be devastating + hard to take down. Weapons with Inkjet tend to be used with higher play a lot (don't quote me, but just from what I see).

EDIT: As well as it's the dualies with the middle ground. Middle ending lag, rolls, and range. I think it has the fastest TTK out of all the dualies (now truly don't quote me on that).

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Alright, many thanks for your insight.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Enperry Dualies mainly became meta in reaction to the Rapid Blaster meta that existed. Dualies are a good counter to Blasters and the Enperry has Inkjet which is typically a competitive must have special.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Yeah in higher ranks you see a lot of people using meta weapons, but quite often there’ll be a player who’s gotten good with a really niche weapon (more so than in middle/low ranks). I, for example, use the goo tuber no matter what the map or mode.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
If you can, i’d suggest getting into playing the rapid blaster deco.

Long range, competitive sub and special, with a low pick up but a relatively high skill ceiling.

matthewrobo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6568-9880-3978
In addition to Inkjet (which has already been covered), the Curling Bomb is a fantastic compliment to the Dualies. Since Splatoon's meta has very few defensive options, aggressive and fast play is key.

Curling Bombs allow players to quickly enter battle and get to places without having to take the risk of Super Jumping since they leave a constant ink trail. They give extra mobility to any weapon that cannot quickly and reliably leave an unbroken ink line, so while Curlicng Bombs are wasted on the Bamboozler mk.I and the Custom Range Blaster, weapons like the Enperries and the Sploosh-o-Matic get the most benefit.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
In addition to Inkjet (which has already been covered), the Curling Bomb is a fantastic compliment to the Dualies. Since Splatoon's meta has very few defensive options, aggressive and fast play is key.

Curling Bombs allow players to quickly enter battle and get to places without having to take the risk of Super Jumping since they leave a constant ink trail. They give extra mobility to any weapon that cannot quickly and reliably leave an unbroken ink line, so while Curlicng Bombs are wasted on the Bamboozler mk.I and the Custom Range Blaster, weapons like the Enperries and the Sploosh-o-Matic get the most benefit.
Also curling bombs fill up your special pretty quickly, and your special is the inkjet soo.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom