• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weird League Matchmaking?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I'm not sure if anyone else has witnessed a weird thing in pairs matchmaking where the game has started saying, "Screw it! Here are two 1800 pairs versus, ummm... a 2100 pair and a 1500 pair. GO!" I know Hitzel posted about it the other day, and I've definitely noticed it. So have some of my buds.

I have a theory that Nintendo has turned back some of the worldwide matchmaking in league in favor of regional matchmaking with looser guidelines -- as long as they can sort of average out the power levels. I've also noticed fewer Japanese pairs in my league games recently.

Seems like a mistake to me if this is actually how it is. After all, lag is already prevalent against western players, so who cares if we're facing lag against eastern players. It can't be worse than this:

I wonder if anyone else has noticed pairs weirdness lately, too. My own empirical evidence is pretty meaningless, but if other people have seen it as well, maybe something is actually up.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I twin league pretty heavily and haven't noticed any changes in matchmaking. I still get Japanese around the block and have always seen matches that mix a strong pair + weak pair to meet an average power.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I don't know if it's comparable or not, but I was going to post about turf war matchmaking being really weird lately. The two could be completely unrelated, but I've been having significantly more matches where one team camps the other or where one player on each team dominates while everyone else is awful. Maybe there's a connection in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom