Weird Rainmaker strategy with Inkbrush Nouveaux

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
So I just came up with a pretty weird idea.

To pull this off, you need a team of four (three?) Inkbrush Nouveau users with as many Special Charge Up/Special Saver/Special Duration Up abilities as possible. The goal is to charge Bubblers quickly. One team member grabs the Rainmaker (RM) and the three others (B) immediately get into position like this:

----B
B RM B

One of the B teammates activates their Bubbler, passing it over to the others B's, and the whole group makes a beeline to the goal in this formation (after having agreed on a set path for each map, of course). Once the first Bubbler runs out, another B uses their Bubbler, until the goal is reached.

Of course, this is really gimmicky and risky, and regardless of what you do the Rainmaker holder will be vulnerable on one side, but it sounds like It'd be fun to try out and mess around with. Would anybody be interested in trying this out in a Private Battle sometime? The opposing team would wait until the Inkbrush Nouveaux are set up before attacking, just for the sake of experiment. Just to clarify, I'm not available to try it right now, but I definitely will be starting from either this Monday or next Tuesday.

For now, what do you think of the idea? Doable? Not doable? Any ideas on how to improve it?

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
Could you use other weopons that have bubbler with your idea?

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Could you use other weopons that have bubbler with your idea?
I don't think so. The Inkbrush users are supposed to run continuously alongside the Rainmaker holder to serve as a human shield, with the Rainmaker following in the trail of the leading Inkbrush. I can't see it being doable with any other weapon, unfortunately.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Once. Maybe twice in a single match. After that the other team will adapt and likely conjure a counter strategy.

I can imagine a killer wail, kraken, enemy bubbler, or a well calculated instrike being activated to breakup the formation. And depending on how broken the formation is, the next bubbler in line will need to scramble to bubble up the carrier. Meanwhile inkzookas, long and mid-range shooters can push the group back to stall their advance while you only have a rainmaker to counterattack with.

But your biggest obstacle I believe, is everyone moving together as a cohesive team.

I'm guessing, that ideally, the inkbrushes would only just roll to take advantage of their movement speed will the carrier swims behind? And the next person in line to activate their bubbler will need to do so just before the current one ends.

Maybe you can also stagger the formation with one in front, one on either side, and one in the rear.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Actually when playing with some friends a little while ago in rainmaker on hammerhead bridge, something similar to this did happen.
I had the rainmaker and was walking up when my friend and another person went in front and used a shield as well as passed it onto each other. They actually helped protect me a lot, don't remember the weapons, but I think one might have been a junior so they could help take out enemies ahead of us.
Also when one shield ran out the other used theirs and overall it did work fairly well, I got splatter eventually, but we had made a really good push towards the goal.
It may not be perfect, but I do think that it can be fairly useful if done right.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Not doable. But probably fun to try.

Ansible is right: the main problem will be cohesion. The opponent doesn't even need a special at all. I mean, if a long range shoots at the front player, that's it, the whole group cohesion is doomed. If any player just pop up in front of the group, even as a suicide attack, the cohesion is destroyed too, and he totally has a chance to kill the carrier. So any short-range respawn guy will probably just jump in and exchange with the carrier, too.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The only real way that I could see this plan being doable is if the Inkbrush team managed to get a full wipe on the opposing team with none of the Inkbrushes dying too... They'd have to be extremely and insanely skilled brush users. Even the most skilled find it hard to get a full wipe. As an Inkbrush main, it is an incredibly rare thing for us to wipe the team unless we're using the Kraken on the Permanent Inkbrush. Even then, it is still very rare. And even then, the push would be completely stopped once the other team respawned - especially so if someone is wearing Quick Respawn.

It sounds like a fun plan to try but it's not very viable.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
Instead of using a Inkbrush to paint a path you could also just use a charger to make a long path without exposing any of your teammates. It's also more reliable!

Maave

Inkling Commander
As long as the enemy doesn't have a splatling. Those things swat away bubblers like they're ping pong balls

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Darn it you guys, that idea seemed brilliant last Monday at 2 AM! :p I still really want to try it out in a private battle sometime. It probably takes way too much setup work to really do any good in solo queue, let alone quad squads.

I'm guessing, that ideally, the inkbrushes would only just roll to take advantage of their movement speed will the carrier swims behind? And the next person in line to activate their bubbler will need to do so just before the current one ends.
Yes. The Rainmaker just swims in the ink trail of the one in front, with two other bubbled Inkbrushers running on their sides (or behind them, depending on where the danger is coming from). As soon as the bubbles start blinking, the next one in the chain uses theirs.

Instead of using a Inkbrush to paint a path you could also just use a charger to make a long path without exposing any of your teammates. It's also more reliable!
That’s true, but the whole point of this is that the Bubblers serve as human shields, so they have to be able to keep up with the Rainmaker holder at all times. Of course, that requires a bit of adjustment to make the Rainmaker holder’s speed identical to that of a running Inkbrush.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Darn it you guys, that idea seemed brilliant last Monday at 2 AM! :p
Well there's your first problem there! xP

I still really want to try it out in a private battle sometime. It probably takes way too much setup work to really do any good in solo queue, let alone quad squads.
Pass or fail, nothing wrong with still at least attempting it so you can say you actually did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom