Weirdly good snipers

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
So in Splatoon 2, I've been taking advantage of being in a low rank again to test out new weapons. Now that I've picked the weapons that I like, I've started my climb to S+ (maybe).

But there's one thing I've noticed, and for me it was also the case in Splatoon 1.

There are some really good snipers in B rank, then as you get to A rank the overall charger play seems to get worse, then it gets better again at S/S+.

My theory is that as a charger player you have to be quite reliant on your team to push the objective - although you can play solid defense, you can't play aggressively. That means that charger players who get saddled with bad teammates will still be B rank.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I'm assuming the good chargers in the lower ranks rank up since they were already experienced from splat 1 or just good.
The 'lesser' chargers were being carried by said players.
But in the A ranks, carying is usually not a thing anymore so the 'lesser' ones de-rank or stay being stuck.
The good ones will rank up so he one's in S(+) are good period.µ
Skipping ranks probably contributes to this.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I'm assuming the good chargers in the lower ranks rank up since they were already experienced from splat 1 or just good.
The 'lesser' chargers were being carried by said players.
But in the A ranks, carying is usually not a thing anymore so the 'lesser' ones de-rank or stay being stuck.
The good ones will rank up so he one's in S(+) are good period.µ
Skipping ranks probably contributes to this.
Well first off to be a good sniper you need to use a sniper on stages that have good positions for practice, I only became good with E-litre because I played 2 hours of splat zones on Inkbolt art academy and Starfish MainStage. They have more advantage than splatterscopes :P

Jack White

Inkling
My theory is that as a charger player you have to be quite reliant on your team to push the objective - although you can play solid defense, you can't play aggressively.
That's exactly how I feel. When the rest of my team is doing good, I can start putting the hurting on the other team with my E-Liter. However, when we do bad, all I can do is try to push back with little success.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom