• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What’s your favorite...

What is your favorite Ranked mode?

• Total voters

Raxel920

Full Squid
Here I’ll be posting some polls about some favorite options for Spatoon 2. I just wanted to see what everyone likes!

Feel free to post your own polls.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I like Rainmaker, because it feels like it is broken into plays, like football - one team has the ramakker, then it gets dropped, and the teams fight to get control of it, then it gets picked up, dropped again. I like the rhythm of it.

TC, on the other hand... I honestly just don't like the tower, it's awkward to work around. But I'm fine with all the modes, but that tower...

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
For me it's Tower Control. I think a large part of why I enjoy it the most is because I seem to be good at it. :3 Maybe it's 'cause I tend to be the Tower rider, not many people want to be that person. ;)
Splat Zones on the other hand, gives me lots of grief! I normally use the Herobrush Replica for all ranked modes, maybe that's why... You have to be in the fray, close to the zone, all the time and some days I get perpetually splatted for not being Ninja'y enough. ´;u

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I’m a big fan of splatzones honestly. I find it quite intense which can be fun at times XD plus I love using the octobrush on it :3

Robert Harper

Inkling
NNID
iKeezb901
Switch Friend Code
SW-0859-4324-4110
I would say Rainmaker if it was Splatoon 1, as I like the rainmaker mechanic more, due to doing better with it.
But I would go with Splat Zones, as I tend to know how to approach it better initiatively.

AA Battery

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunshinett
Tower Control is, in my opinion, the silliest and the most awkward of the three. I’ve been pushed into water by the tower (coughcamptriggerfishcough) and have fallen into water trying to climb a moving tower while mashing B-more times than I can count.

Silliness aside, I’d still say it’s my favorite mode. That moment when you make the final push towards a Knockout always gets my ink pumping. The fact that the tower is slow and consistent, which leaves you vulnerable, makes it more challenging and satisfying for me. The addition of checkpoints in Splatoon 2 makes it all the more fun (and fair) in my opinion.

Though I’m usually at my saltiest after playing Tower Control. It’s probably the least balanced mode. My Octobrush is kinda awkward on the tower.

Last edited:

The Bean

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1970-1283-5812
Splatzones for me, with Rainmaker a close second. Not a big fan of Tower Control (which would explain my B rating) but still trying to get better at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom