What about the Octarians? (spoilers)

Kamiki

Inkling
NNID
Kamiki-chan
It might sound weird but even with how absolutely awesome the last boss was I can't help but feel bad for the Octarians. Their homes are crippled and wasting away and while stealing someone else's power source isn't ideal you can see in each level how bad it was getting in the Octarian underground domes. Buildings were beginning to topple even roads were twisting and turning in midair, everything was out of whack down there.

Yet the inklings (nor do the Octolings) don't even offer to compromise for the great zapfish or to share the power it provides for them both. While the Inklings are partying with turf wars away the Octarians will probably suffer. Just made me feel bad because in the end credits you see a Octarian Inkling couple and it made me wonder if there were any amends to be made.

Just look at how cute they are <:ミ

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
It is all our fault in the end cause us humans helped the sea levels rise so blame us
So basically this entire game is a PSA to warn people of the dangers of global warming melting the icecaps, thereby flooding the earth...

I mean, if the earth ends up being more like Splatoon because of it, then that's fine by me. :D

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
I'd really like for there to be a "greater threat" that forces the two to work together.

The Octarians aren't really bad...they just need to survive, and looking at the Inkling life style, one with such a degree of lavishness where they can afford to spend resources and time fighting among themselves for sport... I could see why the Octarians did what they did.

Besides, if the two ever need to work together it'd be the perfect excuse for Octarian as a playable character.

Kamiki

Inkling
NNID
Kamiki-chan
I'd really like for there to be a "greater threat" that forces the two to work together.

The Octarians aren't really bad...they just need to survive, and looking at the Inkling life style, one with such a degree of lavishness where they can afford to spend resources and time fighting among themselves for sport... I could see why the Octarians did what they did.

Besides, if the two ever need to work together it'd be the perfect excuse for Octarian as a playable character.
I totally agree, I really wish that the Sunken Scrolls put more insight into the backstory and I wish that there was some kind of expansion DLC to the single player levels that would make them work together. But like you said there should be no reason why the Inklings can't share some of the power that the Zapfish provides. Inkopolis doesn't seem to need all the power.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Definitely a very interesting story. I think nobody is really the bad guy, honestly. Water is. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom