What are support/backlines you all wanna see become more used?

stripes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1324-9025-8915
entirely biased but i'd love to see more reeflux usage. i've been pushing it and it can kinda work as a support aggro w an answer for backlines like pencil (missiles), but it's pretty difficult to be consistent with. i just think the main is super cool :>

GooWapa

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6377-2799-8381
Cjet, because its not the special spamming sit-back-and-paint-weapon it used to be in S2, mostly because Rain has a cooldown and isnt as useful compared to missiles/ray back in the days. I just like that its a more mobile backline compared to pencil/chargers (Yes i know splatlings exist too but jet is quicker at moving cuz it doesnt have to charge, can paint its feet quicker, etc.)

it sucks that they gave it mist instead of burst bomb, burst is so much more fun
YES. CJet is the only backline I truly enjoy playing since it doesn't feel sluggish. You can actually easily escape situations, so I'm fine with it being pretty weak combat-wise, I think it is a very well-balanced weapon.

Mary Kartografr

Inkling
NNID
rockman.megaman5
Switch Friend Code
SW-4593-2484-8021
Don't
YES. CJet is the only backline I truly enjoy playing since it doesn't feel sluggish. You can actually easily escape situations, so I'm fine with it being pretty weak combat-wise, I think it is a very well-balanced weapon.
Don't think I'd mind jet either, pretty fun weapon

Mecog

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7088-0086-9026
They did bow as dirty as gold dynamo ngl
Btw how does dread wringer provide support? Id like to know
dread wringer gets over 2200p a game sometimes, and does 48 damage on anyone across the map having about half a line more range than slosher. imo it'd be cool if they buffed it by giving it more range, which would indirectly buff the weapon in so many different ways.

Sunflower._.

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6460-5764-2418
Dynamo and H-3
Mostly because it would be nice to have more options for Tacticooler (maybe Gold with Chumps that isn't CDS) that could possibly create new options for weapon comps and map niches with H-3 being with a midrange support weapon which is something we hardly see because most of the notable Support weapons are short range (Zap, NTri, HEdit ig?), maybe shaving off 2 frames off it's endlag after a shot/shot velocity buff could be nice to keep up with the fast pace of the game
With Dynamo, I believe with another two buffs it could almost reach it's potential, especially with a more consistent burst paint that could help some weapons (ex: Rapid or Dread) be a better match with it, an AoE weapon like Dynamo that could hit over walls with it's Horizontal (with less gaps) and Cooler support would be very welcoming, the issue would be the weapon dealing with Charger, but that I don't really mind

BlobbyBoi04

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3922-8774-3499
Tri-Stringer would be such a banger weapon to use competitively. It has a good kit but the weapon itself is inconsistent which is unfortunate.

Onyxs

Inkling
NNID
Onyxs
Switch Friend Code
SW-1324-8482-3136
Would love to see more bow, it got done so dirty with the Inkline kit. I’m just really not a big fan of chump at all, and was really hoping for Storm to get some really great chip damage combos and seeing the buff it just got only stings worse 😔

Sαlsα⇒

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4389-5123-5222
They did bow as dirty as gold dynamo ngl
Btw how does dread wringer provide support? Id like to know
the weapon just paints for fun while it tries to kill people, so you can pair it with like dynamo or range for double aoe or have something like a vroller without the need for two or three paint bots on the team. Even just a shooter or another good painting weapon paired with dread and one of those options imo is enough paint even if the shooter doesnt paint bot. (im not joking when i play dread i get like 1500-2k paint consistently)

MxTheLight

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0874-0202-9036
In current meta frontlines have incredible diversity but support and backlines are severely limited, with snipewriter dominating both roles. What are supports or backlines you all wanna see get buffed so they see more use?
I think Zap 89 could be used more if the special was a bit stronger.

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
We need rapid pro to be brought forward!! I like how rapid deco is getting a bit of use now, but the rapid pros must become a bit more unique to see some competitive usage.
Rapid pro would be quite a unique backline ngl
Too bad it probably cant do as much as others with.....marker and wail

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
dread wringer gets over 2200p a game sometimes, and does 48 damage on anyone across the map having about half a line more range than slosher. imo it'd be cool if they buffed it by giving it more range, which would indirectly buff the weapon in so many different ways.
melo really was cooking when he picked it up

whimwham

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5355-9956-8875
My top 3 for this would have to be bamboozler, explosher, and dynamo. All of those weapons I would love to see have more representation within splatoon 3. I think it's awesome dynamo got buffed recently

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
My top 3 for this would have to be bamboozler, explosher, and dynamo. All of those weapons I would love to see have more representation within splatoon 3. I think it's awesome dynamo got buffed recently
I have a few ideas for reworks/buffs for those 3 actually
Bamboo gets an alternate firing mode where it deals more damage with a full charge but fire rate dramatically slows
The ink painted by explosher shots will have a damage overtime effect, like how you take damage when in enemy ink but more dps and it can kill you.
Dynamo has the most: making vertical flick a 2 shot kill minimum and having liter scope range, letting it being able to roll over and destroy any sub weapon, or making the ink coming out from a flick be able to block shots

kindredcurse

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2579-9462-1891
seconding a lot of people saying explo and hydra :] my guilty answers are flingza and jet though, i really wish both of them could get an opportunity for non-spammy niches. they're both weapons that i really liked the feel of back in my B rank splatoon 2 days and have fallen off of simply bc it's really hard to do anything interesting with them. they deserve better </3

Galaxitera

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2695-7012-5231
In current meta frontlines have incredible diversity but support and backlines are severely limited, with snipewriter dominating both roles. What are supports or backlines you all wanna see get buffed so they see more use?
wouldnt mind seeing more vanilla heavy and deco heavy, even if theyre more of the aggressive backlines i still appreciate getting them on my team

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom