What are the best weapon/gear combos for rainmaker?

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
Depends on the map. My favorite for mall, port and triggerfish is the wail with the 52. If you use anything with a suction bomb you can pretty sure guarantee your team will burst the rm if you throw it in at the right time. And last but not least krakens to make a pathway are awesome too.
And I always use cold blooded to keep from being tracked by snipers.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
krakens.

it's a good defense/escape if surrounded and alone,
a near 100% guarantee of taking out whoever's holding the rainmaker,
and it allows you to guide your team's rainmaker quickly over any inkable surface.

you're also a ****ing kraken with is nice.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
Nzap85 or Dual with this gear. Hunt players and clear a path for the Rainmaker. You can expect to die a lot as a forward, thus the Comeback and QRS, but maintain a 2:1 K:D or better and you'll do fine.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I love using Disruptors on the one carrying the rainmaker. It makes them move so slowly it's an easy kill for chargers, and it's super easy to flank him because if you close the distance he can't get away.

Jonobabes

Inkling
NNID
super_slackster
As a Dual Squelcher user, I like throwing Splat Bombs at the Rainmaker if the enemy team gets the shield explosion to see if I can catch anyone out. They're also great for getting multiple kills when your enemy is crowded around the shield, and they're a great pressuring tool for the enemy Rainmaker carrier.

I tend to use Bomb Range up, Ink Recovery Up, Ink Saver main, Cold Blooded, Ink Resistance and Swim Speed up in this mode as a Squelcher. It keeps my battlefield capabilities versatile so I can fill the role of aggressor, support, or Rainmaker carrier effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom