What are the best weapons of each class? (Shooter Edition)

Best shooter?

• Splattershot

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Splattershot Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Splattershot Pro

• .52 Gal

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • N-Zaps

• Splash-o-Matic

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Aerosprays

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • L-3 Nozzlenose

• H-3 Nozzlenose

• .96 Gal

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Sploosh-o-Matic

• Jet Squelcher

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dual Squelcher

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Dededork 649

Inkling
I want to find a common consensus of the best weapons in each class.

Rules
1. Different variations of the weapon do not count if the have the same stats (ie Aerospray MG and RG are treated as just Aerospray, but the Splattershot Jr., Splattershot, and Splattershot Pro are all different.)
2. A week after the thread is posted, another thread about a different weapon class will be posted.
3. If you think a variation of a weapon is better than the normal one, post below why.
4. For all intents and purposes, BLASTERS ARE NOT BEING TREATED LIKE SHOOTERS! They will have a seperate poll.
5. This is not an end all be all, "this weapon sucks, this one is the best," cuz I'm just a squidkid sitting at my computer spewing out nonsense after only having the game for a few weeks. No flame wars in the thread below. (Though no one is going to pay attention to this)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'd actually like it if i could choose more than one weapon. But if i had to choose, i'd say the .96 Gal, more specifically the .96 Gal Deco. Two shot kill, great range, Splash Wall being a great sub weapon and Kraken being a great special. Overall one of the best weapons in the game. I myself don't use it because i suck with it, but based on people i've faced and what i've seen it's just really good. I'd also say the Custom Jet Squelcher, .52 Gal, Tentatek Splattershot, Splattershot Jr, both Sploosh-o-matics and the Forge Splattershot Pro. In my opinion that is.

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I vacillated between the custom jet squelcher or and the dual squelcher but I ultimately went with the dual squelcher.The jet squelcher has such ridiculous range that it can act like a sniper on a lot of maps and just shut out opponents from specific areas.But I like the dual better The echolocator is just so good, and the splat bombs really compliment the weapon. The custom is powerful as well as a pure support weapon. Great range because it outranges all those tentateks and .52 gals, and can still go toe-to-toe with the .96 with correct positioning.

However, I wanted to say that I think there are three classes of shooters (short, mid, long) and it is really hard to pick one when I think there is a best short range and a best mid range as well.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Some of these weapons really are completely different and can't be compared. No one's going to compare an aerospray to a 96 if they know what role they want to play.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
So Blasters aren't counted here? Aw that's too bad because all of you KNOW what I was going to say...;) But I do assume Nozzlenoses are? Then let's get analyzing.

Like people above have said, the best Shooter is very playstyle dependent. Do you like being at the front of the fray spreading claimed turf and grenades galore? The Splattershot is for you. Like a more balanced loadout? Maybe try the Neo Splash-o-Matic. Do you like being sneaky and setting up for your teamates to invade your opponents territory? Then try out the Sploosh-o-Matic. Prefer more spaced out defense tactics? Take a go at the Jet Squelcher. And lastly, if you're a presicion god/goddess, then please show everyone your H-3 Nozzlenose D amazingness.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
As a charger main, I really appreciate accuracy, so my votes go to the N-Zaps and Dual Squelchers. Their high rate of fire helps you deal with evasive opponents and you can tear right into less evasive opponents without missing a shot. The 85 carries a jack-of-all trades set whereas the 89 is built for Turf War and Splat Zones. The Dual has the exact same loadout as the 85, and although the Custom Dual's Killer Wail is situational at best, its Beakons are extremely valuable in ranked modes to recover your team after an enemy push. The Custom Dual is my go-to for Tower Control and Rainmaker on large maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom