• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Are You Listening To?

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
Man, it's kinda weird always being one of the only people to post legit songs in this thread rather than a piece from an OST. Eh, oh well.
Warning: Imagery within the Music Video could be considered creepy or dark by some, but the song is a really good one so if you must don't actually watch the video

MSI, as I said in a prior post, has an over the top sound and swears a lot usually. Listeners be wary.

Last edited:

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
I didn't know video game music wasn't legit music.

My wording could have been better I realize, but what I mean is that there are definable differences between a track from a game and songs. There are of course a few exceptions to those differences, but the majority of tracks and songs aren't interchangeable.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Music is music, there is no difference between video game music and well, regular music.
Agreed. There is little reason to classify the music that accompanies video games as something different, as some of the highly revered pieces today were written for theatrical performances and films.
My wording could have been better I realize, but what I mean is that there are definable differences between a track from a game and songs. There are of course a few exceptions to those differences, but the majority of tracks and songs aren't interchangeable.
I actually agree that there typically are compositional differences between music that was created for the sake of making music, and that for accompanying theater/films/television/games. The music is a key part of the production as a whole, and has to work with the rest of the production or it otherwise creates a dissonance that feels awkward. (Of course, that dissonance might also be desired for effect.)

Regardless, I think that music is music. It's just one of the many forms of creative expression we have. :)

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
I'm just gonna post the last several songs I listened to in the most recent time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom