• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what are your favorite weapons and what modes do you use them for?

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
My favorite weapons are simple: Areospray RG, Splatana wiper (regular battle), and hero shot replica, (Rainmaker)

Tam_4

Inkling
My favorite weapons are simple: Areospray RG, Splatana wiper (regular battle), and hero shot replica, (Rainmaker)
For turf I prefer splash-o-magic or splat daulies, Z+F splatcharger on zones and tower, Splash or zap on rainmaker, and I mix everything up on clams

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I play a lot of weapons, whatever I feel like playing changes like every month and it rarely changes according to map or mode. Lately it's been vanilla Stamper but it's been all four swords at some point and I have still been playing Stamper Nouveau and Wiper Deco a good bit too, plus vanilla Ballpoint.

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
I like playing and 3 V shots and both machines and I stick to all 4 ranked modes with them.

Tam_4

Inkling
I play a lot of weapons, whatever I feel like playing changes like every month and it rarely changes according to map or mode. Lately it's been vanilla Stamper but it's been all four swords at some point and I have still been playing Stamper Nouveau and Wiper Deco a good bit too, plus vanilla Ballpoint.
Ooo nice picks stampers are my favorites of those they’re pretty nice. Wipers are good too I’m just not as good at utilizing their kits.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I tend to play one weapon for a long time and sometimes I'll switch off of it to play something else for a few games. Occasionally I'll end up really liking the weapon I switch to and I'll start playing that instead, but it usually takes a while. So I have 4 stars on a whole lot of weapons, and only a couple 2 or 3 stars, and about as many 1 stars as 4 stars, mostly for getting licenses.

My 4 stars, in roughly the order I used them: splat dualies, tetras, squelchers, squiffer, liter, splash, ballpoint, shot, pencil (while it was considered one of the worst weapons in the game), rapid deco, z+f, s-blast (91, obviously), nautilus

More recently, I've found myself going back and using my "old" mains more often, but it's less because of the map mode and more because I feel like it. and I still mostly play one weapon at a time

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
My primary default is Nzap, for obvious reasons

Then the rest of my pool is stuff like Vshot VSplash Wiper Deco etc; lots of frontlines and aggressive weapons

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Ooo nice picks stampers are my favorites of those they’re pretty nice. Wipers are good too I’m just not as good at utilizing their kits.
i know this kinda goes a tiny bit off topic and you may not even want any of this buuuuut

With Wiper I think Torpedos are obvious (if they're not then lmk) but an easier way to use Stamp is with sharking since the hitbox is so big and the jump swing is so fast. Rush mode is at its best when the person you're rushing down isn't a Shooter or Dualie, and bonus points if there aren't any Chargers or Splatlings that can see you. Or you can just throw it at a Crab Tank or use it to break an HP special. Deco's way harder but it helps if you're able to play to Wiper's good strafe speed, mix walking to the left or right while firing with swimming for brief periods to make yourself hard to pin down while throwing out horizontal slashes. Try to approach only when opponents are looking elsewhere unless you're confident you can one shot them up close or can exploit their weapon having a bad kill time.

Hope this helps!

BeckyXP

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't play anarchy i always end up destroying my happiness

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
For turf I prefer splash-o-magic or splat daulies, Z+F splatcharger on zones and tower, Splash or zap on rainmaker, and I mix everything up on clams
The funny thing is from when I first got S3 till my first anarchy battle with HSR I avoided anarchy battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom