What are your strategies when bringing up the rear at the start?

DJVee

Inkling
NNID
DJVeeWolf
I've got pretty nice, consistent opening moves for point and the left/right flanks, depending on mode and map. But, I've come to realize that I've never really thought about the differences of the rear, and I'll find myself falling back on adapted versions of my other position's plans most of the time.

As I ponder on it, I've found some good use out of lagging behind and covering the base in TW. In Ranked modes, I'll typically follow point, as it seems to be where I personally find the most useful positioning to help capture.

What are some strategies that's worked for you all? Are there any map-specific tips for rear? It's just occurred to me that a rear could briefly pause to ink the gates on Triggerfish in Rainmaker, just in case.

Teshie U

Inkster Jr.
If you aren't reaching the center ASAP to get control of the objective, I think you should be getting your special to help from afar.

Cutting off options with Killer Wail, Inkstrike and Inkzooka can be very helpful for your teammates directly engaging and most wont have their special charged if they rushed to the middle in the early game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom