What Are Your Thoughts On The Salmon Run Schedule?

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
So a lot of people have been complaining about Salmon Run's schedule and how we should be able to play it anytime. Due to this, I actually want to know what your thoughts on the Salmon Run schedule? Is it good to play it certain times or bad and we should be able to play it anytime! I personally don't like the Salmon Run schedule because the times are so weird and something always happens that prevents me from playing it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As of about a week ago the salmon run rotations have all been lasting 24 hours, and an upcoming rotation is even lasting 30 hours. I think that's the best they can do without massively reducing the available rewards.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I know it's crazy to a lot of people, but I really like having Salmon Run on the schedule it is. I love the mode, but I would overplay it if it was available all the time. And I love the rewards it brings, the devs would definitely lessen the rewards if it was available whenever you wanted. And now that it's available for 24 hour periods, chances are you will get to play some without missing too much.

I would like to manually lower my paygrade if it meant having more fun matches and making less money though. That should at least be allowed when you play with friends online. 200%+ can be almost unplayable if the weapons are not a good set for each other.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I know it's crazy to a lot of people, but I really like having Salmon Run on the schedule it is. I love the mode, but I would overplay it if it was available all the time. And I love the rewards it brings, the devs would definitely lessen the rewards if it was available whenever you wanted. And now that it's available for 24 hour periods, chances are you will get to play some without missing too much.

I would like to manually lower my paygrade if it meant having more fun matches and making less money though. That should at least be allowed when you play with friends online. 200%+ can be almost unplayable if the weapons are not a good set for each other.
That is true. The Devs would defiantly loosen the rewards if we could play it literally anytime. I do see your point of view and now that I read your comment, it honestly makes my opinion kinda change. It's honestly more of a "me" problem since something always happens that prevents me from playing. Also, Nintendo has taken note of this, by increasing the time for Salmon Run but still keeping the waiting. It's just that whenever I need some rewards or cash, I'm just waiting there until Salmon Run comes up.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I actually like the schedule kinda. It feels more like a special mode (& kind of a job) because of it, imo. I hope they keep the schedule at 24 hours each round, though. That gives a pretty good interval for playing yet with enough of a break so you don't overplay it.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I actually like the schedule kinda. It feels more like a special mode (& kind of a job) because of it, imo. I hope they keep the schedule at 24 hours each round, though. That gives a pretty good interval for playing yet with enough of a break so you don't overplay it.
Yea I kinda agree with you there. Whenever I overplay something, it's bound to get you bored at some point. Also, when you said a special mode, it reminded me of Splatfests and how "special" they are because it's a "once in a while" situation. I usually compare Salmon Run to Splatfest in those occasions.

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
More time means smaller rewards.

I like it this way. Plus the main focus should always be on Turf War and the other battle modes, so Salmon Run should be limited really.

Shady Shaymin

Inkling
It shouldn't ****ing exist

They can just offer an incognito mode or something without rewards

What kind of ****ing game doesn't let you play one of its only new features at any time? Can you imagine if Mario Kart battle mode schedules existed? Or if Arms rotated between skillshot, hoops, vball, and fighting at specific times? If literally any other multiplayer game had as backwards a system as Splatoon, with all of its "rotations", it wouldn't sell and would be roasted by gamers. This **** is unacceptable.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
It shouldn't ****ing exist

They can just offer an incognito mode or something without rewards

What kind of ****ing game doesn't let you play one of its only new features at any time? Can you imagine if Mario Kart battle mode schedules existed? Or if Arms rotated between skillshot, hoops, vball, and fighting at specific times? If literally any other multiplayer game had as backwards a system as Splatoon, with all of its "rotations", it wouldn't sell and would be roasted by gamers. This **** is unacceptable.
Whoa.. looks like you really hate Salmon Run's schedule. Your points are pretty good, although here's the thing. Salmon Run is not the main part of the game. It's a side thing. The main thing is the Turf Wars and ranked battles.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
If you're worried about overplaying it, simply don't. Come on now, have some self control. :L
As for rewards, they already stop giving you per rotation rewards after you reach 1200 points. From then on you get Grizzco gear every 200 points. They could easily extend each rotation to last until the next and not have to change a thing about the reward system. I have accepted the schedule as is, it's not so bad, but I stand by the idea that I should be able play my game I paid for how I want when I want.

speedySonic

Full Squid
I originally liked how it was 12 hours each day, but then they chose really bizzare times like 2 am - 2 pm and then I saw the problem. I think they should alternate between 24 hour and 12 hour periods, though. Like AwesomeCookie said, it's similar to Splatfests how it's "special" when Salmon Run is available, and I'd actually like it to stay that way. With the Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, singleplayer, rhythm game and the numerous other stuff in this game, there's a lot to keep me occupied so that I can wait for Salmon Run to be available again.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I originally liked how it was 12 hours each day, but then they chose really bizzare times like 2 am - 2 pm and then I saw the problem. I think they should alternate between 24 hour and 12 hour periods, though. Like AwesomeCookie said, it's similar to Splatfests how it's "special" when Salmon Run is available, and I'd actually like it to stay that way. With the Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, singleplayer, rhythm game and the numerous other stuff in this game, there's a lot to keep me occupied so that I can wait for Salmon Run to be available again.
Defiantly agree with you here. The times where Salmon Run is available are just really weird and shifting between 12 and 24 hours seems like a pretty good idea. (Maybe 12 for week days and 24 for weekends?) Salmon Run is a side thing, and not the main thing the game is focused on. (Although it does kinda make sense why people actually do focus on this. It's the ONLY new game mode that actually got added in Splatoon 2 so of course it's going be focused)

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
If you're worried about overplaying it, simply don't. Come on now, have some self control. :L
As for rewards, they already stop giving you per rotation rewards after you reach 1200 points. From then on you get Grizzco gear every 200 points. They could easily extend each rotation to last until the next and not have to change a thing about the reward system. I have accepted the schedule as is, it's not so bad, but I stand by the idea that I should be able play my game I paid for how I want when I want.
Yea you're right about the "I payed for the game so I should play it" and that's why I love that Salmon Run isn't a main part of Splatoon 2.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yea you're right about the "I payed for the game so I should play it" and that's why I love that Salmon Run isn't a main part of Splatoon 2.
Well main part or not, it's still part of the $60 package. Besides it's up to the player to decide what the main thing they want to do in their game is. For some that's turf, for others that's ranked, and if some want it to be Salmon Run Nintendo has no reason to hinder them.

Belial

Full Squid
I see the schedule as a necessity which few bring up. Every time Grizzco opens up It becomes insanely more difficult to get into normal matches. There simply aren't enough players to keep everything open without being stuck in waiting room hell.

Pokechu

Inkling
NNID
Pokechu
There's no reason for Salmon Run to be locked behind a schedule. I paid 60 dollars for this game yet I have to be told when I can play a mode? These 24 hour rotations are getting better but it needs to be open 24/7. There's no reason for it not to be.

You can say "but the rewards!11one!!!11" but they're not even that great. It's all by chance. I'm trying to get a pure Special Charge set but I haven't ever found a single drink for it. Out of 16 drinks I've gotten from SR none have been Special Charge Up. But somehow, 4 have been Sub Power Up and 3 have been Special Power Up and Quick Super Jump each. Literally 10 of all of the 16 drinks I've gotten are just only 3 different abilities.

The chunks are okay, but it's the same case. I haven't ever gotten Special Charge Up chunks from Salmon Run. But it loves giving me Quick Super Jump and Cold Blooded ones.

The coin tickets are nice but they're not that helpful because I've already hit the A ranks for all three modes so I'm raking in cash regardless if I have a boost on or not. And I'm past level 30 so there's not much of a reason to use EXP tickets right now.

The gear does have 3 slots but so does a lot of other gear in the game. The gear isn't as good as those simply because Grizzco (the brand) doesn't favor a specific ability, so it'll be real hard trying to get 3 matching subs on it.

You can say "oh you'll get too much money" but Ranked doesn't get you too much less than SR could. Not to mention how it's possible that none of the bonuses are money lol

If you think that Salmon Run feels "special" when it's locked, then good for you. But that's no reason to keep it restricted to specific times. You thinking you'll overplay it is no one's problem but yourself. No one is forcing you to play Salmon Run. If someone wants Salmon Run as their main mode, then why prevent it? The only valid (imho) reason why SR shouldn't be always open is that it might split the player base too much. There aren't any other reasons that aren't either biased or nonsensical.

Last edited:

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Well main part or not, it's still part of the $60 package. Besides it's up to the player to decide what the main thing they want to do in their game is. For some that's turf, for others that's ranked, and if some want it to be Salmon Run Nintendo has no reason to hinder them.
Good point on how you said people determine what the main thing they want to play and what they bought it for.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
I'm just glad they lengthened the amount of time it's available for. I could only play it on the weekends before since, on weekdays, it would be over by the time I got home from work... I'd check SplatNet on my breaks and internally sigh, feeling an emptiness in my heart as I longed for the weekends when I could once again quell the Salmonid invasion and gather the glorious golden MacGuffins.......

OK, not quite, but it's still nice to be able to play it more than 2 days a week.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I'm just glad they lengthened the amount of time it's available for. I could only play it on the weekends before since, on weekdays, it would be over by the time I got home from work... I'd check SplatNet on my breaks and internally sigh, feeling an emptiness in my heart as I longed for the weekends when I could once again quell the Salmonid invasion and gather the glorious golden MacGuffins.......

OK, not quite, but it's still nice to be able to play it more than 2 days a week.
Yea definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom