What are your thoughts on x battle

Hippo555467

Full Squid
I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on x battles are, and do you even play them?

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
I like to use it as a 3rd ranked mode, more possibilities for a good rotation

Sambews

Inkster Jr.
It feels so much more competitive to me than anarchy, so I enjoy them

Paruko

Inkling
Feels like there's some big issues with it. Before the update where 2000- and 2000+ couldn't play together if you got like 1700 you were screwed. And now with the update it's extremely difficult to cross the 2000 threshold, I hate it

Switch Friend Code
SW-7881-0853-1504
There is a sort of duality with the divisions system that is implemented. On one hand it allows players to match by region to optimize the stability of the matches being played, but on the other hand there are many more people and much more satisfying competition in the Takaroka division specifically, and I am curious as to what X battles would be without this division system.

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
I don't play them much, but the new changes to the power system feel like undermined the point of the system. The worst case example is that if you're under 2500 power and lose 3 times in a row, you always get at least -75 points...regardless of if the people you lost to were around 2500 power or 3500 power. And of course, being able to get up to +20 points guaranteed is making the top of the leaderboard even crazier than before (Melon is currently at 4475 while the next person is at 3834).

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
Feels like there's some big issues with it. Before the update where 2000- and 2000+ couldn't play together if you got like 1700 you were screwed. And now with the update it's extremely difficult to cross the 2000 threshold, I hate it
This is because at 1900 you’re the best player in the lobby and at 2000 you’re the worst player in the lobby. Splitting matchmaking like that creates a sink where it’s easy to get stuck in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom