• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what company actually made the minigames (squid jump, squid racer, etc)?

ct22.w

Inkling
NNID
ct22.will
Switch Friend Code
SW-0267-6988-5388
well, i mean, obviously nintendo made these minigames. but in splatoon... lore? canon? or whatever sufficient word - apparently ancho-v games made squid jump, as we can see in marie and callie's news dialogue:

"Callie: Isn't this the studio that made Squid Jump?!
"Marie: I love that game! It's my favorite splatformer!"
(via the wiki page)

so we can assume that ancho-v games made squid jump. and then, looking at the logo on the squid jump start screen and comparing it to the other minigames' start screens, we can see they were all made by the same company. however...

the logo for ancho-v games looks entirely different than the logo on the minigames. the logo scrolling on the monitors near the spawn point, as well as scattered around the map, all look like this:

(well, at least the main words bit do - there is a border around it, a smaller word that we can assume says "games" beneath it, as well as a dot to the left which could be a part of the word, but it's not very important for my purposes.)

the logo on the minigames, though, don't look anything like this. those logos appear to be a pixelated version of this logo:

this logo is clearly supposed to look like the word "nintendo" in inkling. these logos don't look anything alike, though, so how could they be representing the same company?

(probably-slightly-off drawings of the logos were made by me, using various screenshots belonging to a variety of people, including me.)

Last edited:

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Maybe they were actually made by Nintendo in their world, before the Inklings became a species. Then the people working at Ancho-V Games discovered the games and released them to this world, taking all the credit for them.

ct22.w

Inkling
NNID
ct22.will
Switch Friend Code
SW-0267-6988-5388
Maybe they were actually made by Nintendo in their world, before the Inklings became a species. Then the people working at Ancho-V Games discovered the games and released them to this world, taking all the credit for them.
breaking news: large studio ancho-v games actually just releases really, really, really old games. top scientists baffled as to how they still work after this long.

additionally, i can't wait for squid archaeologists to find a huge pit with a ton of video games inside so that ancho-v can release their next batch of hits

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
well think of it like this. Gamefreak develops (makes) the pokemon games, and nintendo publishes it. on pokemon box arts, the nintendo logo is always written and not Game Freak. so it's possible that Ancho-V games is what the development team is called, and "nintendo" (the splatoon world version) is they're publishers. basically ancho-v games are the makers.

ct22.w

Inkling
NNID
ct22.will
Switch Friend Code
SW-0267-6988-5388
well think of it like this. Gamefreak develops (makes) the pokemon games, and nintendo publishes it. on pokemon box arts, the nintendo logo is always written and not Game Freak. so it's possible that Ancho-V games is what the development team is called, and "nintendo" (the splatoon world version) is they're publishers. basically ancho-v games are the makers.
thats a good point, but i have a counter; due to the fact that the game freak logo isn't written on box art, most people (casuals) would say that pokemon is made by nintendo, and i would venture to guess that any celebrity endorsement that mentions the producer would say it was made by nintendo as well. and i would assume that featuring a company on a widely (universally) viewed television show would come with some sort of a press kit which would have this sort of thing in it, unless it was an indie studio which ancho-v is definitely not

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
thats a good point, but i have a counter; due to the fact that the game freak logo isn't written on box art, most people (casuals) would say that pokemon is made by nintendo, and i would venture to guess that any celebrity endorsement that mentions the producer would say it was made by nintendo as well. and i would assume that featuring a company on a widely (universally) viewed television show would come with some sort of a press kit which would have this sort of thing in it, unless it was an indie studio which ancho-v is definitely not
There is the Inkling Nintendo logo graffiti in Ancho-V.

Prior to Smash Bros some casual players didn't know Pokemon was a Nintendo Property, but maybe it was more like Rareware/Nintendo or Naughty Dog/Sony where the Studio is more well known and have multiple successful IPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom