What Differentiates an A+ Ranked Player from an S Ranked Player?

Chargerz_

Inkling
NNID
BranMK
Most people that are S either have good teammates, rely on luck, or could be actually good at the game. If you try to compare this to non-japanese players, it make sense. The japanese have a ton of lag, are great at the game or just get lots of luck.

Dish

Full Squid
NNID
Englannd
Ironically I want to say that A+ players are actually better than a lot of S players. Like sure you can rely on squad to carry you to S rank but the solo meta is obviously a lot different. Like a player can reach S and not play anymore but squad and when they get paired with A+ players doing the solo grind or S 70 players they blame their teammates but in reality there's a lack in adapting to their teammates playstyle. In S there is a greater inconsistency of high level players and that's why it's hard to rank up in S. I feel that most if not all the true S players have hit S+ already and the grind is nothing short of luck. I just hit S+ a few days ago and no matter how good I was playing it was basically up to matchmaking to determine if we won or not.

Campian

Inkling
Having done the gauntlet of S70 to S97 a few times before getting to S+ I wouldn't agree that it's a matter of luck. Granted there are a few games where your team's weapon combinations just don't mesh, I think in every loss in the 90s I could identify what mistake I was making. Every loss was on my failures and I'd learn from that. In the final win streak from S69 to S+ I had 2 or 3 losses. How I played then was significantly different than the week prior, and I think being able to recognize my own faults and how to improve; learning to use the map, take out enemies, and completing the objective are what contributed to this.
So don't sell yourself short if you made it to S+, it'd take too much luck to get there without some help from you.

That's advice for anyone in any bracket, to recognize your fault every time you're splatted, every loss, and how you could have made that into a victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom