• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do we know about levels?

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
I'm primarily asking anybody who has info/access from a review copy.

Levels only affect online multiplayer, right? So TW and SZ. What about single player, or local multiplayer?
Do levels do anything besides unlock new weapons and equipment (and at 10, splat zones)?
Roughly how long does it take to progress (I've averaged 1,000 pts per game in the testfires)?
Is Splat zones any better/worse for leveling up quicker?
What are some of your favorite weapons and equips, and what levels are they available at?

If anybody can answer even one of those, or direct me to a thread or other link that answers these, that would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I can only answer this one.

I'm primarily asking anybody who has info/access from a review copy.

Levels only affect online multiplayer, right? So TW and SZ. What about single player, or local multiplayer?
Yes, it only affects online.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Levels only affects multiplayer, yes.
Shopkeepers only sell things to you when you're a certain level.
It's exponential, so it takes longer as you level up. Level 7-8 takes 7200 points.
Splat Zones is slower because you cover less turf and losing gets you nothing.
Jet Squelcher is my favourite right now. It's unlocked at Level 8, and I'm Level 11.

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
Thank you very much to both of you!

So... what is the point of Splat Zones, then? I mean, aside from being fun, obviously.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Thank you very much to both of you!

So... what is the point of Splat Zones, then? I mean, aside from being fun, obviously.
you increase your rank by winning which always feels nice.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Ranked Battles uses a separate ranking system that can increase or decrease depending on your (team's) performance. The lowest is C- and the highest is A+.

People with similar ranks will be put in lobbies together.

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
you increase your rank by winning which always feels nice.
Wait up, I'm totally lost now.

I knew it was a "ranked battle" but I didn't realize that was separate from level, somehow. It makes sense in hindsight.

So rank has no effect outside of swag?

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Wait up, I'm totally lost now.

I knew it was a "ranked battle" but I didn't realize that was separate from level, somehow. It makes sense in hindsight.

So rank has no effect outside of swag?
In ranked battle You play against people with similar ranking. Your rank (as far as we know) doesn't effect what items you can gain at all.

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
In ranked battle You play against people with similar ranking. Your rank (as far as we know) doesn't effect what items you can gain at all.
Ok, cool. Sounds fun, but probably beneficial to hit 20 before sinking time into.

One last question if I may - i've heard that singleayer scrolls/blueprints unlock myltiplayer gear. Is that true?

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Ok, cool. Sounds fun, but probably beneficial to hit 20 before sinking time into.

One last question if I may - i've heard that singleayer scrolls/blueprints unlock myltiplayer gear. Is that true?
1. You don't need to hit 20. If you're a fast learner, you'd be ready by level 10.

2. Yes, there are blueprints which are actually just one of those Sunken Scrolls, which help Sheldon build some of his weapons. The ones that require a blueprint are indicated by a horseshoe crab symbol in the corner.

EDIT: Rank lets you get matched up with players of equal skill level. Noobs play with scrubs, Pros play with MLGs. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom