• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what do you do if someone squidbags you?

may

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4847-5052-4027
squidbagging is basically where someone spams squid form after they kill you as some kind of “insult”. i find it pretty annoying (as does a lot of people i should think). i’m pretty sure squidbagging is a bannable offence though.
when someone squidbags me i used to wait until i splatted them and then do it back to them, but i stopped because it wastes time in the battle when you could be actually aiming towards the objective in that particular battle.
what do you do if someone does squidbag you?

Vin_MD

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4709-4096-5597
I don't think it's bannable, but it is annoying. My advice is laugh at them, because, long story short, squidbagging for 2 seconds loses you a lot of potential map control and objective points in a game as fast paced as splatoon. Take solace in the fact that you have more emotional maturity than this person and don't give in to their attempts to provoke you and make you play worse. And DEFINITELY don't hunt them down and squidbag them, as that gives you the exact same disadvantage they had and causes you to tunnel vision. I know toxic online players can be annoying, but the player who squidbags is often also the player in MASSIVE points debt, and that's no coincidence.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
When that happens. Just stay in your lane and just focus on the objective for the couple minutes left in the battle. Then whether you end up winning or losing. Have a drink (****tail or mocktail) and have another shot at the game again. Yeah, a side effect of any online thing is that sometimes it’s only as good as the people using it.

Just save the squidbagging for completing a Salmon Run.

Reactions: may

may

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4847-5052-4027
i agree. there’s one person i see in battles a lot who constantly squidbags and i honestly think it’s really funny when they spam the ZL button instead of playing towards the objective. like you said, purposely trying to splat them so that you can do the same thing that they did to you just makes you as bad and annoying as them.

Coastline

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3538-6274-5019
you should just carry on, if they squidbag you, just respawn and keep playing, the squidbagger could be doing a lot more for their team than squidbag someone they killed

SwiftyTaco

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8339-9344-3501
Usually I just take it as though I got somebody so mad they had to let me know they're mad. Skill issue end of the day

sevenleaf

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
see, according to that other thread, people do it because they think they need to play mind games to win... could not be me, lmao. like others have said i just respawn and keep playing

i am not going to pretend to be perfectly emotionally regulated at all times though and sometimes it annoys me enough to stay on my mind. regardless i don't bother hunting the player down for it. too much effort that could be directed towards, i'unno, the objective, you know? can't help how i feel but i can help what i do about it.

that being said if you squidbag me and then die while squidbagging me i WILL clip it and make fun of you for it

reelrollsweat

Senior Squid
if its malicious squidbagging i usually try to ignore it + dont bag them back if i splat them. squidbagging takes time away from the game bc youre doing nothing for ~5 seconds so the person doing it is just wasting their time being pissed off lol

underlashes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Doesn't affect me. Tbh I am usually too busy checking the map to notice someone squidbagging me, but its basically a free advantage to the opposing team. I don't like having them on MY team for that reason though, and will usually leave the lobby if i see them wasting time bagging after their splats. I don't care what mega impressive thing they think they just did, the game isnt over just because they got a splat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom