What do you feel like you're getting better at lately?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I am both curious and want to give us an opportunity to brag a little. So is there anything you've been working on improving lately, actively or passively, that you're proud to be seeing results on? Getting better at using or countering a certain main/special/sub weapon? Finally figuring out how to take advantage of a certain part of map terrain? Noticed you're catching more enemies off guard than you used to? Finally broke your loss streak in mako clams? (may or may not be calling myself out here..)

Bonus if you have any tips to share about how you got there :>

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I'm not a competitive player so a lot of my goals for self improvement are really just... "play in whatever way I have the most fun" rather than any set "I would like to get better with this aspect specifically", but I think I did quite well with Enperries this last Splatfest! It's been a while since I've really used any weapon other than ntri for an extended period of time, and while I still definitely choked a bit (Good god some of my KDRs were atrocious), on the whole I felt actually quite good with them. I even got a few cool kills and a 15:1 KDR!

...I did not break my loss streak in Clams however, I gained one. And remembered why I don't play Humpback Clams ever

sydeorder

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-0485-3599
im getting better at movement i think!! i'm getting used to sub strafing and squid rolling casually, and taking different routes to outsmart my opponents

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
This feels so complicated! I hit S+ recently and I felt like I played better than I ever have before, but it's such a mix of... everything. I'm gonna pick the most easily noticeable but the least of the big deals and say... my aim.

It's actually crazy, I'll go into the training room and snap my cursor onto anything, I tried Blaster for the first time recently and hit SO many directs, and I went to play some Alterna stages and was SHOCKED at how easy I found them after struggling with them back in 2022!

Next on the docket for me is more map awareness (I wanna be able to flash the map and know everything) and, above all else, I want to learn how to track my teammates more than my opponents. You spend this entire game learning how to spot enemies who are doing everything in your power to avoid you, but the simple act of "where did my teammate go and what did they do?" is lost on many of us.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I am both curious and want to give us an opportunity to brag a little. So is there anything you've been working on improving lately, actively or passively, that you're proud to be seeing results on? Getting better at using or countering a certain main/special/sub weapon? Finally figuring out how to take advantage of a certain part of map terrain? Noticed you're catching more enemies off guard than you used to? Finally broke your loss streak in mako clams? (may or may not be calling myself out here..)

Bonus if you have any tips to share about how you got there :>
I've gotten better at multiple things like map awareness, getting directs more consistently, aiming over walls in different angles, and positioning.
I was already pretty alright at most of those for a while but I had a big problem with map awareness , I was trying to get too much information all at once.
I can't always know everything that's going on so I learned to limit how often I pulled up the map and check it when there's time for it, and also only focusing on the most important things to look out for.
I used to check for all main abilities the enemy team had at the start of the match and now I only check if they have drop roller or stealth jump.
I used to try and memorize the specials the weapons of the enemy team had, but I'm familiar enough with them now that I don't need to remind myself.
I would also try to use the map when I got a hit on someone swimming away to see where they're going, but if there's too much going on I need to prioritize being safe and aware of who else is around instead of going after one player. I can still check sometimes ofc but I need to be more selective about when I do.

My positioning with Machine has also gotten better so I'm able to stay alive longer and push ahead better which really helps since Machine can get rushed down easily.

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
I feel like I've gotten better with using my sub on the Undercover Brella, not just set and forget mines but actively placing them forward, baiting enemies into them and getting the splat. Has also made me a lot more conscious of ink consumption, being caught without ink is not just no offensive capacity but also no shield.

Fyerluna

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3735-7473-0023
I never learned shooters, so I'm really excited that I'm getting the hang of shooting a path and then moving through it and then shooting some more. Roller forces you to do that... but moving to shooters made it way too easy for me to just hold ZR and never stop.

I've also been getting loads better with mechanical synthesis in general. I credit Octo Expansion for that: I recently finished it and it forced me to learn to focus on moving and aiming and awareness all at once, which carried over into my PvP games in S3.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I've been getting a bit better at implementing checking the map into my gameplay and not just while I'm waiting to respawn. I struggle to keep track of where my teammates are and sometimes find myself in situations where I'm not really applying much pressure to my opponents. Clicking my map open for like half a second will help me realize where I need to go.

Also, Neo Stamper. That thing is super hard and I was total cheeks with it when this season started. I have a lot to learn but I'm starting to get places with it, slowly but surely.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
Now THIS here is a good example of that aim coming into play! I not only felt really good doing this 180-instant-snap, but I also surprised myself. Once upon a time, I could never imagine doing something like this.
1708348530619.png

Attachments

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I've recently broken through the 2000XP barrier with stringer ! It's a weapon I picked up when the game came out even though it was nowhere near the same playstyle as my main class (rollers), and while my average with my mains were usually around 2200/2300XP, I kept getting around 1800/1900 with stringer, until recently ! Feeling like I'm improving with a brand new main is amazing !

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
yeah. i’ve been playing a bit less lately because im waiting for side order and fresh season. i’ve given my brain more time to adapt and my decision making has improved. im getting better at splating from long distance. (i play Vstamper) and my reaction time has improved too.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i'm getting a lot better at playing to my range with the weapons i play (namely glooga and splatpro), i'm definitely very consistent at fighting things that are shorter range than me and i'm very happy with that. my aim has also been improving on-and-off, but it's not consistent enough for me to feel confident in bragging about it, yet

underlashes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Reading my opponents and acting accordingly. It's always been something ive struggled with, usually overthinking or not thinking enough, but i've seen loads of improvement in my strats lately

Shroomy

Inkling
Pronouns
octo
looking at the team icons on top of the screen and checking the map regularly. also keeping a better eye at what my teammates are doing and jumping in to help when i can.

AbsentAria

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0607-7213-7613
for me, probably overall game awareness: Checking the top of the screen for specials/deaths, pulling up the map to check map control/teammate positions. As well as noticing and locating players from sounds and on the edge of my screen.
I still have a long way to go with all this though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom