What do you think about bigger teams?

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
The 4v4 works really well and the game canon says that's the tradition, but it might be interesting to have larger teams too. Granted, that would depend on Nintendo's network infrastructure handling the demands of larger teams. Anyway, what do you guys think of having the option for larger battles while keeping the original 4v4 matches?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The game already lags like hell with 8 players, it would be unbearable with more. Even without lag issues, I think 4x4 is a perfect number of players.

pooplooser

Full Squid
If Nintendo releases Splatoon, or a Splatoon sequel to their upcoming console, I think they should try something like a 6v6 (or if the console is that powerful, 16v16 like TF2) It would be absolutely comical to see that many players on such a small map

Silverzapper

Inkling
NNID
Silverzapper
I would love there to be more players in a match. There are way too many times someone on my team just quits giving us about 0 chance of winning.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
generally smaller teams require more skill from individual team members, as well as having individual moves counting more. A good example of this is the change of competitiveness you tend to observe when comparing 6s in TF2 to highlander: both are certainly competitive, but most people will agree 6s are moreso.

The maps are also designed around 4v4s in the case of splatoon. I'd imagine any more than that would need its own maps for it to truly be 'good'.

That being said the option for bigger games would be nice. I don't think it's necessary at all, but more options is almost always good. It would be interesting to see the setups and strategy changes that would happen from getting that extra player.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Man, I need to pay better attention to what topics get made. A BTB mode is something that I've been wanting ever since Hammerhead Bridge came out. Mostly, it's because I feel the grander scale of some of the maps makes it harder for a single 4-squid splatoon to adequately hold a defensive line.

Now I don't expect something like 64 squiddos to a team, perhaps more like 5v5 at the least. And as of yet I'm still not entirely certain what maps would work for a BTB mode (besides Saltspray Hammerhead, and the Museum).

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
huge, sprawling maps with room to accomodate larger teams would be a welcomed addition in Splatoon 2. Obviously as long as 4v4 matches are still accomodated.
Think of a stage the size of 4 Museums. o;

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
It should go full "Squidfront" and reenact battles from the Great Turf War.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm comfortable with 4v4. But! Fix the issue with lag and random disconnects, toss in some slightly larger maps, then I can see a case for a larger team mode. Maybe 8v8? And especially during any splatfests.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I would be interested in seeing a large-scale mode, not just a few more players. Maybe something like SZ with 6+ zones, and each team's timer goes down depending on the number of zones they have.

The modes are built around small squads and would not scale well. The issue of ink coverage is also made less significant when you have a huge number of people on each team.

dubious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hyomin
The current amount of players is fine enough to me, if anything I'd like it if there was a way to have less players (2v2, 3v3, maybe even online 1v1?) to see how those would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom