What do you think of Bonerattle Arena?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I think the rails are fun. It looks like it's intended to be an Ark Polaris-inspired replacement which makes me a little sad if it means we won't get Ark Polaris back (but also...I guess I get it, imagine fighting Joe on that thing). It also feels like an unusually easy map to play on so far; between the rails and tons of inkable walls I rarely feel like I get cornered. I only rarely get above EVP 100 in freelance and I'm at 130 now without much of a struggle.

It feels like it's so large and that makes it easy to just... ignore/run away from some bosses to prioritize others. It starts to catch up to you by the end, but by then you have more than enough eggs and just have to stay alive. I haven't experienced grillers or glowflies on it yet (or gushers now that I think about it) so there's still more that could change my mind, hah.

What are your experiences/thoughts on it?

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Absolutely loving it! I already got the 200 EVP badge in only a single session of playing, and I'm aiming for 400 EVP before this rotation ends (Though I'm not rushing to it or pushing myself too hard for it, this is a map where I can easily see myself aiming for higher badges, even if not right now)

What shocks me and makes me instantly really like Bonerattle is how high tide is still actually surprisingly pretty big. There's plenty of room to move around and if you're in desperate need of healing, hiding in an inkrail for a moment (Or even just stopping to take note of your surroundings) really helps it feel spacious, even at it's smallest size. My only real complaint is that I feel the mid section in low tide is just a bit too small, but I'm definitely a bit charmed with how it's very clearly adapted from Ark Polaris with the circular low tide with the inkrails.

While I'll need a little more playtime in it before I can confidently say where it places exactly in my person ratings of Salmon Run stages, it's easily one of the best ones. I probably would still put my favorite stage, Hydroplant, above it, it's easily one of my favorites to play on. Plus it really sells the "gladiatorial arena" setting!

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Glowflies and grillers are VERY interesting in my opinion since you can just camp the rails
Now retrieving the eggs is another matter but I think the risk of a crew wipe is way less during those waves on this map which is really interesting to me (a very bad SR player)

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i absolutely love bonerattle, my only gripe abt it is that rush feels awkward on it and griller is like insultingly easy lmao (exaggerating but still)
i keep finding myself just standing there and looking at the design of the place, they really outdid themselves with stage decor here!! i haven't been able to play it a whole lot yet, so i keep finding new details on it
so far i'd say it's the best salmon run map in spla3 (though hydroplant will always be my personal favorite)

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
It's actually amazing. I was disappointed that we only got one Salmon Run stage but at least this is the map they decided to end it on.
The rails give so much freedom in movement that I only feel in some PvP stages. Just being able to stall, jump from rail to rail, jump from the ground onto a rail to escape from multiple angles, all the inkable walls and grates you can squid roll into just feel so good.
I think it is a little easier in some earlier hazard levels but it never feels boring because of all the movement options. Once I got to higher hazard levels I was really glad I had all those rails and open space to move around from the 3 flyfish and 3 stingers around opposite ends of the map.
I think it might be my favorite Salmon Run map right now but it also helps that this current rotation has good weapons.

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
Really fun, got my EVP 999 badge earlier. Fog is awkward, don't think its worth waiting for Goldies to come up. Seeker definitely needs a bit of tracking the Goldie lol. Grillers are really easy with Squiffer. Glowflies just need a lot of egg throwing, using the inklines and throwing bombs under you should help keep up with safety + mob control. I don't feel like I need to thin out lessers as much with all the safety inklines. Map is really great for Flyfish farming. Tornado is really easy. Cannon is much funner with a lot more switching around. Stingers can be a problem, but this rotation the weapons aren't too bad to dealing with them. I think Stingers will be an issue depending on the weapons, specials will definitely come in handy. Drizzlers, also a problem. Fishsticks aren't too bad here. Glowflies definitely will have issues if the weapons aren't great and eggs do fall down from the grates.
There's not too much of a huge difference between high tide and normal tide imo. Which might be a good thing because all the grates and inklines...if they actually made it go higher, oof, that would be quite challenging lol. Middle isn't too huge, but enough to maneuver around a little.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
its awesome. I love the salmons in the background and the ink rails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom