What do you want to see from content creators?

B.Wizard

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1932-6974-6396
Any kind of content that's educational. How weapons work, fire rate, aiming etc. General overview of maps and methods of practice.

mossyquartz

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
Mainly advice/improvement content thats oriented towards solo play instead of comp. Maybe even stuff like tierlists thats made for solo. Ik solo is comsidered a bigger deal in jp, so im sure theres imspiration to be taken from there.
Idk if this is the sort of area you are knowledgeable in, but content that compares solo and competetive play would be interesting. Like, most guides, meta discussion, theorycrafting, etc, are about competetive organized play, which can be translated towards solo play, but if there was a way for people to better understand how to translate that, it would be really helpful and apply to more people than comp content does
Yeah I definitely feel that. Usually comp advice somewhat applies to solo but it's not always easy to understand what's specific to comp and what you can do with the advice as a solo player. I already make content geared towards people who don't play competitive, but most of the time it's about Salmon Run because I don't feel confident in other modes yet :'))

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
being autistic, I really enjoy categorizing and making lists...

I'd really appreciate it if a knowledgeable enough player tackled what kind of role or playstyle each weapon excels at... this is usually slayer/skirmisher/support/anchor, or a combination of such. This helps guide me in the right direction whenever I want to try a new weapon or find one similar to those I already like to play. Inkipedia is where I go for all my Splatoon information, but it disappoints me that they don't have nearly as many weapons yet classified compared to the past games.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
There was a similar thread to this earlier this week, so I'll repeat what I said there:

I think when it comes to repeatable content, the best kind of Splatoon gameplay tends to be matches with downtime edited out and comments on what the player was thinking edited in.

If you look at other games that are very content-friendly, they tend to produce content where the gameplay footage is accompanied by the creator talking and engaging with their audience. If you take a competitive Splat gameplay vod and slap it into a youtube video, it doesn't bring that level of engagement with it. Splat is simply too fast paced and the player is generally going to be focused on the game (and communicating with their teammates if it's a scrim or whatever). A combination of editing out downtime + comments edited in mitigates that, and I think that a good player outputting this kind of content consistently has a ton of room to grow a channel. This is even more true for solo gameplay where the creator is speaking to the audience about this stuff already.

I've seen players create this kind of content, just not consistently. It takes a lot of work and probably requires an editor to do it long-term. Still though, if I think about the kind of Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, etc. content I typically watch when I want to sit down and eat breakfast while watching content about a game I like, the reasons I choose to keep going back and watching that kind of daily content are mostly present in a type of Splat video I describe here. I don't think they're found in the "talking about a new development in the Splat news cycle with gameplay in the background" or "we did this goofy thing and THIS is what happened" style videos that I see very often from Splatoon content creators. It's fine if those things sometimes get incorporated into repeatable content but those are one-off video ideas and can't carry repeatable content on their own, IMO.

Tree

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-3523-5844-5506
I think when it comes to repeatable content, the best kind of Splatoon gameplay tends to be matches with downtime edited out and comments on what the player was thinking edited in.
I would love to have videos of this style for backline players, it would really help me improve. I feel like in general backline content is lacking a bit compared to frontline stuff.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
minty
I like things that are funny, tell a story, educational, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom