What does the general community think about content creators in the scene?

Ethan Stone

Inkling
This has been a discussion in some splatuber friend groups and i wanna see what the general community thinks. How do we feel about the content scene right now?

rolodabo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3963-6436-1306
i've been seeing a lot more focus on the competitive scene since splat3 came out, which is awesome for said scene! glad to see it growing so much since release. haven't seen so much from the more casual/minigame-playing side lately, though -- would love some recommendations (especially of smaller splatubers) from anyone who knows some good people for that.

CoBalt The Ramen King

Inkster Jr.
NNID
monkeyjoe275
Switch Friend Code
SW-2475-5161-9426
we need more higher level creators to be making content more consistently. I feel like most of the content is made by lower level players, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would love to see more top level points of view to be readily available to the public.

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
I am mostly interested in live streams especially on twitch as i find there’s a lot more interactivity between chatters and streamers which is so nice i think. i do like individual videos as well from people in the community that i know and interact with outside of youtube comments. content creation that focusses on community and interactivity are probably my favourite kind.

Sunflower._.

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6460-5764-2418
we need more higher level creators to be making content more consistently. I feel like most of the content is made by lower level players, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would love to see more top level points of view to be readily available to the public.
I very much agree with this! The only notable ones I see are Chara, Gem (He's not a High/Top player, but his videos are still nice) and FLC when he streams once in a blue moon

But at the same time I do understand why a lot don't do it, It's a trouble to schedule yourself to make videos consistently while also doing other things, Some (like Chara and Gus) have also expressed what comes to being a content creator and how stressful it is and getting overwhelmed with comments as a result

Ethan Stone

Inkling
btw if you guys want to watch some lesser known splatubers (like less than 1.5k subs) here are some suggestions

DerpKnight - https://www.youtube.com/@DerpKnightS3
british man makes banger analysis videos with amazing editing

Nub - https://www.youtube.com/@NubIthink
probably the best sticks player in the world, div 4 and irish (also big persona fan shoutout nub)

ceps - https://www.youtube.com/@ArtcepS/videos
only has 3 "real" videos in the past 9 months but im telling you, they are the next big thing if they grind content

theres a whole ton more but heres 3, GO SUPPORT THEM!!!

Ethan Stone

Inkling
I very much agree with this! The only notable ones I see are Chara, Gem (He's not a High/Top player, but his videos are still nice) and FLC when he streams once in a blue moon

But at the same time I do understand why a lot don't do it, It's a trouble to schedule yourself to make videos consistently while also doing other things, Some (like Chara and Gus) have also expressed what comes to being a content creator and how stressful it is and getting overwhelmed with comments as a result
if i were to take a bet on why top players dont feel inclined to make content. Its that chara and gem already do so much, like what else is there to talk about that they already have. Shadow has been posting his high level tent gameplay lately and thats been fun to watch but other than that i kinda get it

Ethan Stone

Inkling
not to toot my own horn but if you want some whose more casual focused hen im here :)

(better time then ever to self promote i swear ill only do this once)

emon

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4681-6511-6715
I feel as though content creators in the scene are nice as it exposes the competitive scene more; however, it’d be nice to have more ones at top level to create informative content.

antyytna

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2627-3241-7131

A lot of the best players in the world Twitch stream and even upload to Youtube, for instance melon, arguably the best player in the world.

The problem with top players becoming content creators is that, that becomes your job now, and balancing content and being a top level player is very hard when it's so intertwined. Also, a lot of top players do try, but people don't watch it because it's not highly edited content (like Bagel seemingly tried and has an abandoned channel, only a few hundred views per video). If you want to see more top level players, then you have to accept most of it will not be edited because being good at Splatoon does not mean being good at content.

edit: also stuff like capture cards are expensive and not everyone has one, some entire teams don't have one which also makes vod review Hell lol

Sunflower._.

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6460-5764-2418
A lot of the best players in the world Twitch stream and even upload to Youtube, for instance melon, arguably the best player in the world.

The problem with top players becoming content creators is that, that becomes your job now, and balancing content and being a top level player is very hard when it's so intertwined. Also, a lot of top players do try, but people don't watch it because it's not highly edited content (like Bagel seemingly tried and has an abandoned channel, only a few hundred views per video). If you want to see more top level players, then you have to accept most of it will not be edited because being good at Splatoon does not mean being good at content.
Yea you're right about that, with Twitch it usually depends on someone's preference because not a lot of people would also like to watch something Live but would rather watch a VOD instead (myself included) and it's not as accessible as looking up on YT

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
I don't have much to say about content creators specifically, but something I would love to see from any creator is highlight reels for different tournaments. A series like that would definitely help get the wider community more involved in the competitive scene!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom