What exactly does the Tenacity ability do?

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
When a player on your team is not present in the battlefield, either due to being splatted or disconnext, the special meter will slowly fill up in its own. How much per second I do not know.

It could be tested by doing a private match and timing how long it takes to fill from 0 after a teammate forces himself to disconnect.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It fills up your gauge automatically if your team has less active guys then the other team. And before you ask, it becomes more effective the greater the difference is between active members on your team and that of the enemy. If you start with less guys than usual it won't count (Like in squad battles), but DCs will still give an allmost permament boost to your special.

Very useful ability for Ranked, the only downside is that you'll have to wear the most un-fresh and clashing stuff out there to nab this ability, like the refurbished Mall Santa hat or the spooky gas mask.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Used it. Your tenacity symbol in upper right corner blinks or shimmers when it is increasing your special gauge. It increases when not inking or more than normal when inking.

I haven't found that it allows me to use any more special shots than normal.

Maybe useful in a build where you stack special attributes like, special saver, special duration up, special increase up. A special special build?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I've used it a bit, but I'm honestly still not sure if this is better than Special Charge Up. Afterall you can always be inking, but you're not always gonna have less active players on your team especially if they're using Quick Respawn. Another thing is the brands the ability is tied with. Technically they all make sense, Forge (Special Duration) Zekko (Special Saver) Skalop (Quick Respawn), all helping the special weapon, but that's it. There's no Tenacity/Ink Saver Main or Tenacity/Swim Speed, so it's limited to heavy Special Weapon focused builds, atleast for me.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've used it a bit, but I'm honestly still not sure if this is better than Special Charge Up. Afterall you can always be inking, but you're not always gonna have less active players on your team especially if they're using Quick Respawn. Another thing is the brands the ability is tied with. Technically they all make sense, Forge (Special Duration) Zekko (Special Saver) Skalop (Quick Respawn), all helping the special weapon, but that's it. There's no Tenacity/Ink Saver Main or Tenacity/Swim Speed, so it's limited to heavy Special Weapon focused builds, atleast for me.
Depends on the weapon, inking up turf charges your special which some weapons can do better than others. Chargers and Blasters alike strongly benefit from Tenacity since they can't usually get much inking done, while Areos will have much more use out of Special Charge up. Not only that but Special charge is one of the few abilities out there that doesn't have diminishing returns, so stack that as much as you like!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Depends on the weapon, inking up turf charges your special which some weapons can do better than others. Chargers and Blasters alike strongly benefit from Tenacity since they can't usually get much inking done, while Areos will have much more use out of Special Charge up. Not only that but Special charge is one of the few abilities out there that doesn't have diminishing returns, so stack that as much as you like!
Splat Charger variants can actually ink turf decently well, and yes my Splatterscope build I'm working on will use 1 main and 6 subs of Special Charge up, allowing me to fill the meter with just 6 charged shots, and the last few explosions on the Bomb Rush usually leave it a quarter full already. I was originally using a more special heavy Tenacity build, but I couldn't do without the Ink efficiency. Thanks to Special Charge up's more varied brand combinations I can have both bomb rush spam and Ink efficiency!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom