• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What gear/abilities are the best for Sloshers, .96 Gal, and N-Zap (89)?

BoPM

Inkling
NNID
GenericallyEpic
I got a lot of snails, so what should I try to go for?

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
96 Gal needs a lot of Ink Savers for it to work properly.
I suggest a few Special Savers, Special Charges Up and an Ink Saver Main for N-Zap '89

Dunno bout Sloshers.

Random Robot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AidanZam
I think ink saver main works very well with the .96 and N-Zap. For the Slosher, ink recovery up might work better. Other ones that I would suggest are quick respawn, swim speed up, and either special saver or special charge up.

BoPM

Inkling
NNID
GenericallyEpic
I think ink saver main works very well with the .96 and N-Zap. For the Slosher, ink recovery up might work better. Other ones that I would suggest are quick respawn, swim speed up, and either special saver or special charge up.
thank you. any subs i should focus on?

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
For the Nzap 89 loadout, I would recommend stacking as much Special Charge Up as you can. The Nzap 89 loadout can be very very fast at getting Inkstrike, even faster than the Aerospray RG. My playstyle is to basically stay alive as long as possible and to be firing Inkstrikes often. The Nzap has good range, fast fire rate and very little spread, but you don't have a bomb sub so you probably don't want to get into direct or long fights very often.

The next most important perk is probably Ink Recovery. I find that I stay submerged in ink quite often, both because I need to recharge after throwing down a Sprinkler and also because I would rather sneak up on enemies instead of going for sustained pushes.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Stack as much Ink Saver Sub as possible for the .96 Gal. Sprinklers kill ink tanks. Or Ink Refill up if you're placing them at a more defensive location where it's safe to refill.

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
For the Slosher, I would say ink saver main or ink recovery up are most important.

I'm tempted to say Defense Up, because your high time-to-splat means you may need to take a hit from a roller splash or a charger, etc. But I've yet to test its effectiveness in game.

Bomb Range Up is nice if you're good with Burst Bombs. Movement speed, maybe for combat, but its hard to measure.

Floati

Inkster Jr.
For the slosher- definitely recommend bomb range up! One bomb hit + slosher hit= splats. With range up you can get that bomb hit as an opener or against foes who retreat after taking the slosher hit. Also allows you to pressure far range guns who'd easily deal with you otherwise.

Honestly, I personally think bomb range up is one of the best abilities in the game (though only on applicable guns) right under ink resistance, main saver, and ink recovery (you could argue for tenacity or coldblooded though).

SafetyPoncho

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SafetyPoncho
I main in both n zaps, so this is what I go for,

The 89 has sprinkler and ink strike, so you want to put the sprinklers down and push on, or use them as bait. Regardless I have ink recovery and ink saver sub, since I focus so much on using subs. I also have my special charge up, and swim speed up. I find the n zap doesn't use a lot of ink so you don't really need to ink saver main. I stay alive but if you have a harder time doing that, it might be worth it to do special saver.

For the 85 I change my gear up a little, since I have echo locator I want my duration to be longer. Sometimes I like my bomb range being longer as well since I have splat bombs, depends on the mode or map. I keep with the special charge up.

On both guns I like to have ink resistance and ink recovery and ink saver sub. You can play around with the others, but duration up on echo locator is nice for the team.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
on the zap 85 do you find damage up or defense up needed and if so how much do you aim for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom