What Gear for C. Jet?

Shard

Full Squid
NNID
DarkSuperSonic25
So I've been using the custom jet quite a bit recently, but I haven't been able to find any good gear sets. What abilities should I take into account and what would be the best gear to use? Any replies/ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Ideally damage up, ink recovery and swin speed is your best bet. Swim speed simply for more mobility and for faster kraken speed. A minimum of 1 mains worth, but more is always useful. Ink recovery is really good because the weapon and it sub guzzles up ink pretty quickly. Damage up is pretty important. Because of the massive range, the jet is susceptible to losing power when hitting far off opponents because of fall of. Damage up makes it to where it consistently only needs 4 shots to kill. Another thing damage up helps with is decreasing the C jet's ttk (time to kill) when combined with burst bombs. A minimum of 1 main and 1 sub (not 4 subs mind you) or 5 subs of damage up is required for this. With this amount:

• 1 direct burst bomb hit (60 base damage) and 1 jet shot will splat the opponent
  • 1 close indirect (35 base damage) and 2 shots will splat the opponent
  • 1 far indirect (25 base damage) and 3 shots will splat the opponent.

With the first two combo's the jet splats faster than normally shooting your opponent 4 times. This is particularly useful when in close quarter situations. This amount of damage up also maximizes the amount of damage a jet shot does to 33.3. Meaning if an opponent is even slightly damaged, they could get splatted in 3 shots. So i'd say go with at least 1 main 2 subs to 2 mains of damage up. Anymore i personally feel is too much.

The next abilities i mention are more optional since they aren't absolutely necessary. Other useful abilities are special boosting abilities. The jet is not very good at building up it's special, so i found that either special charge or tenacity can be pretty helpful with this. I haven't used special saver myself, but it can also help, especially with the jet's buff of losing 40% instead of 50% of it's special upon being splatted. One main of either should be enough imo. Another weird ability you could try is run speed up. Before the 2.7.0 update, the jet strafe speed was so slow that run speed up barely made a difference. now it's strafes as fast as the .52 gal and dual, which is where run speed up starts being useful. I tend to use 2 mains when i know i'll be on a stage where i'll be on foot a lot, like hammerhead for example, or if i just feel like strafing faster, but more often than not you're better of using the three first abilities i mentioned above. I suppose some other niche abilities are stuff like ink resistance or cold-blooded, but i've never used them with the jet so who knows. having a main and 3 subs of ink saver sub can also allow you to throw 3 burst bombs instead of 2 if you want to do that. Ink saver main can also work, but ink recovery benefits both main and sub weapon so it's more often more useful.

That's about it i suppose. I hope this was helpful.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Leronne pretty much nailed it on the head.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
As a CJS main, Leronne was too good. Didn't save anything for me to share.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yeah, Leronne covered it. If you were curious about which gear to try out, here are some things to consider:

Snorkel Mask :head_eye005: :ability_damage:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_damage: (get that damage sup either here or on the shirt)
White Shirt :clothes_shirt003::ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

OR

White Headband :head_first: :ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Navy Striped LS :clothes_tel003: :ability_damage:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I like ink saver main because I find I stand and fire a lot with this gun. Also, ink resistance because the gun isn't always great at covering your feet (especially now with the burst bomb ink usage).

SewenNewes

Inkling
NNID
wikestar
The only thing I would add to what Leronne said is that Bomb Range Up is amazing. My CJS set is 2 Bomb Range Up Mains, 1 Damage Up Main, 1 Damage Up Sub, 3 Swim Speed Up Subs, and 5 Ink Recovery Up Subs.

Map knowledge is very important. After the Burst Bomb nerf there are some maps where I like to trade a Bomb Range Up Main for an Ink Recovery Up Main.

KPMGSquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheMiiGunner
The only thing I would add to what Leronne said is that Bomb Range Up is amazing. My CJS set is 2 Bomb Range Up Mains, 1 Damage Up Main, 1 Damage Up Sub, 3 Swim Speed Up Subs, and 5 Ink Recovery Up Subs.

Map knowledge is very important. After the Burst Bomb nerf there are some maps where I like to trade a Bomb Range Up Main for an Ink Recovery Up Main.
There's this guy I saw on youtube who uses special saver with bomb range up. I think he goes by the name rockenburg, but he knows that weapon like really well and I think that's a good set.

SewenNewes

Inkling
NNID
wikestar
Before 2.7 when the .96 Gal didn't have any pressing needs from your gear abilities I stacked Special Saver when using the 96 for Tower Control. A more consistent Kraken is definitely a big boost in that mode so I'd say that's a solid choice for the CJS in Tower Control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom